XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
Correct.

I was very unsure like yourself having only picked up an XBox a few days before New Years but essentially that's it.

I purchased 3x 12month codes from cdkeys for £29/30 each the Brazilian ones mind you. Then made sure I was logged into my Microsoft account closed my browser and reopened and used a VPN for Brazil and reloaded the redeem page and successfully redeemed each month. Just make sure not to sign up for automatic billing or whatever gives you the extra month as otherwise you won't be able to redeem all 3 as the max you can store is 36 months.

Then log out the VPN and go to the following address;

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

Then redeem and it should convert 12/24/36 months into equal amount of Gamepass Ultimate for £1/£10.99 and you'll have immediate access to all games.
Awesome, cheers mate. That is great. Do you happen to know about the sharing?

Soldato
That's one thing I'm unsure of as I don't share with anyone.
No worries, I had a dig around and I think this works....
Create a brand new microsoft account, sign up for Live and GamePass. Then sign into my PC with this account and I should have all the gamepass games etc. I will then use this account to sign into my Xbox and 'set it as home', then I will login with my usual profile/gamertag and then I should get all the gamepass access. My current profile has no live or anything attached so this should work fine!

Associate
Does anyone know where I'm going wrong here?
I'm trying to add the Brazilian codes for Xbox Live to do the 3 year conversion.

gold.png

I'm using a VPN, but it still gives me this error (which is kinda fair enough)
I tried changing my Microsoft account region to Brazil also, but computer still says No.

Man of Honour
I'm trying to add the Brazilian codes for Xbox Live to do the 3 year conversion.

gold.png

I tried changing my Microsoft account region to Brazil also, but computer still says No.

So I had to login to my Microsoft account via vpn to Brazil, but then had to disconnect the vpn once logged in to then enter the codes. If that makes sense? Worth a try.

Probably with checking your vpn is working and connected to Brazil too.

Soldato

gold.png

Did you log out of your Microsoft account, put the VPN on and then log back in via the Brazilian website?

Also try using TunnelBear chrome addon, some VPN's for some reason do not work when trying to enter these codes.

Associate
Nothing above is working :(
the VPN is working as DNS Leak Test puts me in Sao Paulo - Brazil.

But I still get a Georestriced error when using the code.

The only thing I see thats fishy is it says;
"it'll be added to [email protected] (United Kingdom)"

But people have never had to change there account region to Brazil have they? - I have done but it still tags me as UK at the redeem page for some reason.
Did you guys see the (United Kingdom) bit when you added codes?

I will give TunnelBear a try, using "privateinternetaccess" at the minute.

Soldato
OK - Using TunnelBear worked straight away with no problems, that's the first time I have seen "PrivateInternetAccess" let me down.
Thanks for the help guys.

There you go, glad it helped. I had the same problem using a paid for VPN and another free one, used TunnelBear after finding a few others on HUKD had success and worked first time.

Not sure what difference there is as all 3 were showing my DNS in Brazil but codes were only accepted with TunnelBear - it's the main reason i keep it installed so any future codes can be done first try. I bought a copy of Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition for £6 from a cdkey website recently and it was a Brazilian code so came in useful again.

Associate
i have just got myself a s and upgraded my pc game pass to ultimate for £1 but i was on the rolling monthly payment, whats the cheapest way for me to do this upgrade route?

Soldato
So you've used the £1 upgrade before?

Cheapest route is to cancel rolling monthly then buy either 1/2/3 12 month brazil codes from cdkeys for like £28.99 each and then convert for £1 or if used before then £10.99.

Associate
So you've used the £1 upgrade before?

Cheapest route is to cancel rolling monthly then buy either 1/2/3 12 month brazil codes from cdkeys for like £28.99 each and then convert for £1 or if used before then £10.99.

when i went to upgrade to ultimate it said it was £1 and thats what ive been charged for the first month. so for the £10.99 is that a one off payment on top of whatever the term is of the card i buy?

Soldato
when i went to upgrade to ultimate it said it was £1 and thats what ive been charged for the first month. so for the £10.99 is that a one off payment on top of whatever the term is of the card i buy?

It's only charging you £1 for the first month then after that it should go back to £10.99 a month.

If you buy say 3 years of cards and redeem, then convert as you've already used the £1 deal it'll be £10.99 to upgrade as a one of cost. Then the next £10.99 will be after the 3 years of ultimate will have run out.

Associate
It's only charging you £1 for the first month then after that it should go back to £10.99 a month.

If you buy say 3 years of cards and redeem, then convert as you've already used the £1 deal it'll be £10.99 to upgrade as a one of cost. Then the next £10.99 will be after the 3 years of ultimate will have run out.

excellent, makes sense

Soldato
so its live gold i need to buy? ive been off xbox for so long i just wanna get it right :D

Xbox Live Gold Membership - how many months you going for by the way?

Just remember the most you can stack is 36 months, so if you buy 3 years don't accept the bonus months as if you do two and do bonus ones it'll be 26months instead of 24 and you won't be able to redeem last one.

Associate
Xbox Live Gold Membership - how many months you going for by the way?

Just remember the most you can stack is 36 months, so if you buy 3 years don't accept the bonus months as if you do two and do bonus ones it'll be 26months instead of 24 and you won't be able to redeem last one.

thanks, ill probably go for 24 months then.

Soldato
I'm telling a colleague about this. Currently she pays monthly for GPU. Does that mean she needs to let it expire before doing this.

Edit: found answer in thread, yes she does.

Soldato
I have a S series coming tomorrow. Fresh Gmail account ready as my daughter has taken my email and ms account ready for Minecraft

What's the best method for me who will have to create a new Microsoft account ?

Soldato
The 12m EA Access to 4m GPU conversion is still working if anyone wants to extend their current sub. Not quite as good value as this one, but still excellent at ~£4pm.

Hmm, 12 months EA £18 convert to 4 months £4.50 a month.
Ideally I want to do 3 years, is all very confusing.

--

Think I found better method below as can buy xbox live gold for £35 a year.

So as I understand it this is the case.

1 - Must not have active game pass ultimate (I have cancelled renewal and on 12th april will be expired).
2 - 13th April stack up xbox live gold on the console, best way 3 x 12 month discounted codes, dont take up offer of auto renewal to avoid free month preventing 3rd stack.
3 - Upgrade account to game pass ultimate (not sure of method to do this, I assume will be offered to me), but instead of £1 I pay normal monthly fee and still get 36 months of game pass ultimate.

Do I have this right?

Also since there seems to be some confusion on microsoft answers, do EU codes still work for the UK?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom