XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
OK, this will be my first time trying this because the 3 month sub in my son's name is about to expire - am I correct in saying that I need to let his GPU membership finish and then I can buy a year's worth of Xbox Gold Live (currently priced at circa £35) and then get a 1-month GPU membership and as soon as I apply this, my Live membership automatically gets upgraded to GPU?

If this is correct, couple of questions:
  1. Will my son lose any saved game progress through the gap in memberships?
  2. Is this "legal" in terms of I obviously don't want his account suspending etc!
  3. There seems to be a couple of different Live Gold memberships available to buy - one says "EU" and the other states "Xbox One/360" - can I buy either for this process??
Thanks for any help...

Caporegime
OK, this will be my first time trying this because the 3 month sub in my son's name is about to expire - am I correct in saying that I need to let his GPU membership finish and then I can buy a year's worth of Xbox Gold Live (currently priced at circa £35) and then get a 1-month GPU membership and as soon as I apply this, my Live membership automatically gets upgraded to GPU?

If this is correct, couple of questions:
  1. Will my son lose any saved game progress through the gap in memberships?
  2. Is this "legal" in terms of I obviously don't want his account suspending etc!
  3. There seems to be a couple of different Live Gold memberships available to buy - one says "EU" and the other states "Xbox One/360" - can I buy either for this process??
Thanks for any help...

I just done it, as far as i know.

1 - to get the cheapest, get the BRZ Xbox Live Gold for £27.99. When you redeem, that's when you turn on the VPN. CDkey don't care where you are when you by it.
2 - You redeem the 3 codes one by one. then turn off the VPN.
3 - Then you will see 3 years of XBL on your account.
4 - Then you convert to GPU for £1. It will convert all the months of XBL in 1 single go.

I don't think you will lose save games, I sold my Xbox one at Christmas and has been without XBL membership for over 12 months until the weekend. All the games I downloaded into my library are still there in my profile.

It's not illegal, the promo to convert is something MS want to push, it's been going for a while, not sure how long it will last.

At the time of when i tried it, GPU cost £85 all in.

Soldato
I just done it, as far as i know.

1 - to get the cheapest, get the BRZ Xbox Live Gold for £27.99. When you redeem, that's when you turn on the VPN. CDkey don't care where you are when you by it.
2 - You redeem the 3 codes one by one. then turn off the VPN.
3 - Then you will see 3 years of XBL on your account.
4 - Then you convert to GPU for £1. It will convert all the months of XBL in 1 single go.

I don't think you will lose save games, I sold my Xbox one at Christmas and has been without XBL membership for over 12 months until the weekend. All the games I downloaded into my library are still there in my profile.

It's not illegal, the promo to convert is something MS want to push, it's been going for a while, not sure how long it will last.

At the time of when i tried it, GPU cost £85 all in.

Just so I'm clear, I can go on my laptop and buy 1, 2 or 3 years' worth of Xbox Gold Live.

I then put my VPN on and set it to Brazil, log into my son's Xbox account and redeem the code(s)

If I then log into of our Series X it will show up as having the Live Gold membership for that period (without any messing around in terms of region or anything on the console itself)

I can then buy the cheapest GPU membership I can find (not sure the £1 route is open to us as we have already had the 3 months for a quid introductory offer) and when I redeem this code, whether it be on the laptop or the Xbox itself, this will then convert my Live Gold membership to full Game Pass Unlimited and give me full access to the games? (and I assume on the PC too?)

Sorry if I'm being too thick - I just don't want to nause up my son's account!

Caporegime
Just so I'm clear, I can go on my laptop and buy 1, 2 or 3 years' worth of Xbox Gold Live.

I then put my VPN on and set it to Brazil, log into my son's Xbox account and redeem the code(s)

If I then log into of our Series X it will show up as having the Live Gold membership for that period (without any messing around in terms of region or anything on the console itself)

I can then buy the cheapest GPU membership I can find (not sure the £1 route is open to us as we have already had the 3 months for a quid introductory offer) and when I redeem this code, whether it be on the laptop or the Xbox itself, this will then convert my Live Gold membership to full Game Pass Unlimited and give me full access to the games? (and I assume on the PC too?)

Sorry if I'm being too thick - I just don't want to nause up my son's account!

No problem, I had the same concerns.

I bought the 3 x Brazil codes in 1 go on CDkeys.
Close the browser
Turn on VPN, set it to Brazil
Open the browser (Safari in my case), go to the redeem page online (I just googled XBL redeem).
Redeem each code one at a time. It will now apply to your account.
Log out of VPN.
Go to this page https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade
Follow onscreen instructions.

I think it may cost you £10.99 instead of £1 if you had GPU before.

Soldato
No problem, I had the same concerns.

I bought the 3 x Brazil codes in 1 go on CDkeys.
Close the browser
Turn on VPN, set it to Brazil
Open the browser (Safari in my case), go to the redeem page online (I just googled XBL redeem).
Redeem each code one at a time. It will now apply to your account.
Log out of VPN.
Go to this page https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade
Follow onscreen instructions.

I think it may cost you £10.99 instead of £1 if you had GPU before.

Pretty much sums it up, also don't accept the bonus month as the max you can have is 36months - so if you do the 12 months and do the bonus instead of 24 months it'll be 26 and you won't be able to redeem the last 12 month code.

Soldato
If you want least hassle can use EU code which still gives you "most" of the savings and no VPN needed. If you want absolute cheapest saving every penny then get the brazil code.

Some price comparisons here.

3 year paying monthly renewal GPU. £396
3 year buying 12 month GPU codes. £309
3 year buying 12 month gold EU codes. £120
3 year buying 12 month gold BR codes. £84 (vpn required)

So can see even with EU codes its almost as cheap.

Soldato
Thanks for the info guys - much appreciated!

I've not got any issues with needing a VPN but there was a thread on Hot UK Deals where some people had encountered some issues with their accounts being affected due to the Brazil/UK discrepancy!

Soldato
Thanks for the info guys - much appreciated!

I've not got any issues with needing a VPN but there was a thread on Hot UK Deals where some people had encountered some issues with their accounts being affected due to the Brazil/UK discrepancy!

Not had any issues so far, I have GPU sorted until Feb 2024 so will see then! :)

Soldato
OK, so I'm at the point where I'm buying the requisite subscriptions from CDKeys - ultimately I've decided to go with the "EU" Live Gold sub purely so there is no chance of the whole Brazil region thing causing any issues.

To this end then I've got 3 x "12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - (EU)" in my basket along with 1 x "1 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One/PC (EU)" to get the upgrade to GPU for the 3 year term.

Does it matter that my Xbox is a Series X as opposed to the "Xbox One" stated in the 1 month GPU sub??

Assuming this is all correct all I need to do is wait for the existing GPU subscription to expire (I've turned OFF the auto renewal already) - once this has physically run out I simply redeem the 3 years' worth of Live and then the 1 month GPU and I'll be left with 3 years' full sub for GPU on both my Series X and PC???

Caporegime
To this end then I've got 3 x "12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - (EU)" in my basket along with 1 x "1 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One/PC (EU)" to get the upgrade to GPU for the 3 year term.

You do not need the highlighted. The conversion is done on that link I posted previously, not something you buy from CDkeys.

Does it matter that my Xbox is a Series X as opposed to the "Xbox One" stated in the 1 month GPU sub??

It doesn't matter, it is applied to the profile, not the conole.

Assuming this is all correct all I need to do is wait for the existing GPU subscription to expire (I've turned OFF the auto renewal already) - once this has physically run out I simply redeem the 3 years' worth of Live and then the 1 month GPU and I'll be left with 3 years' full sub for GPU on both my Series X and PC???

I did it with a blank slate, no XBL Gold or anything on my profile. So can't answer that one.

Soldato
You do not need the highlighted. The conversion is done on that link I posted previously, not something you buy from CDkeys.

Thanks, I can see the link but I assumed this was something to do with the "3 months GPU for a quid" deal - which is what I'm currently getting to the end of so do we think its going to let me upgrade the XBL sub if I've already "used" the deal or is this a separate offer/benefit?

Caporegime
Thanks, I can see the link but I assumed this was something to do with the "3 months GPU for a quid" deal - which is what I'm currently getting to the end of so do we think its going to let me upgrade the XBL sub if I've already "used" the deal or is this a separate offer/benefit?

I am sure someone has done this in this thread, someone who has already got XBL or GPU, I will let someone answer that but do have a read at the thread, there is probably an answer here somewhere.

Soldato
I didnt buy a month of GPU from cdkeys.

So basically.

1 - Let existing GPU expire, ideally confirm on website is no active subscriptions on your xbox.
2 - Redeem the keys for all 3 xbox gold 12 month codes, "refuse" the free month, so basically dont enable auto renewal.
3 - Once you have done this you will likely either on your xbox dash or if you on the website browsing the game pass section have an option to upgrade your account to GPU, I clicked that, paid the fee (For me was one month fee as I already had GPU before), and at the end of it when checking your subscriptions you should have an expiry date 3 years in the future for GPU.

I havent read about anyone doing the upgrade via a 1 month key redemption so I wouldnt buy 1 month GPU key.

If you redeem the keys before GPU expires, they still be accepted but from what I read its not 1:1 so you wont get as many months.

Soldato
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that chipped in - my GPU ran out yesterday so I redeemed 3 years' worth of Xbox Gold Live and than successfully upgraded to GPU for my son's account! :D

Soldato
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that chipped in - my GPU ran out yesterday so I redeemed 3 years' worth of Xbox Gold Live and than successfully upgraded to GPU for my son's account! :D
Nice.

I've got to get onto this. Currently paying for GPU monthly. Do I just log in and cancel it, therefore letting it expire? I used to buy the Gold codes online 12 months at a time, there may be some residual time left since I did the switch to GP in November. Do I have to let Gold expire too or have I given up what I had left by signing up to GPU? When I log into my account it shows me details of the recurring subscription but no mention of months left of gold.

Back
Top Bottom