XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Caporegime
Nice.

I've got to get onto this. Currently paying for GPU monthly. Do I just log in and cancel it, therefore letting it expire? I used to buy the Gold codes online 12 months at a time, there may be some residual time left since I did the switch to GP in November. Do I have to let Gold expire too or have I given up what I had left by signing up to GPU? When I log into my account it shows me details of the recurring subscription but no mention of months left of gold.

Cancel GPU. Let GPU expire.
Buy XBL and get it max 36 months.
Then convert.

Associate
Hi all

My GPU ran out yesterday and I'd previously bought a 12 month Gold sub from Brazil CDKeys

I cannot redeem it at all. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, the redeem code page is definitely set to Brazil as is my VPN, but it's not going through. I even used a computer that I'd never logged in to Microsoft on

One thing that may be relevant is it does say United Kingdom in brackets next to my email address

Can anyone help?

Soldato
Hi all

My GPU ran out yesterday and I'd previously bought a 12 month Gold sub from Brazil CDKeys

I cannot redeem it at all. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, the redeem code page is definitely set to Brazil as is my VPN, but it's not going through. I even used a computer that I'd never logged in to Microsoft on

One thing that may be relevant is it does say United Kingdom in brackets next to my email address

Can anyone help?

That's why I brought the EU code.

Hopefully someone gives you a solution.

Associate
Well I tried logging in to Microsoft online with my VPN set to Brazil. Tried logging in to the app the same way. Even set up a private network on a PC and connected the Xbox via ethernet and tried to redeem the code through the Xbox itself (which definitely thinks it's in Brazil) and now it says it's already been redeemed! Wasted £30

Associate
Yeah I've checked my account and I haven't redeemed it

I did get into an online chat with a MS rep earlier (where I was pretending to be in Brazil) and he told me to get a refund, even though I had a Brazilian code and was speaking to him from Brazil (as far as he knew)

Could MS have "flagged" the code and made it unusable? I must admit, the first times I tried to redeem it I was only using a Surfshark Chrome extension on a Chriomebook and the message was about being in the wrong region

Caporegime
Yeah I've checked my account and I haven't redeemed it

I did get into an online chat with a MS rep earlier (where I was pretending to be in Brazil) and he told me to get a refund, even though I had a Brazilian code and was speaking to him from Brazil (as far as he knew)

Could MS have "flagged" the code and made it unusable? I must admit, the first times I tried to redeem it I was only using a Surfshark Chrome extension on a Chriomebook and the message was about being in the wrong region

I would contact CDKey and get a refund that way then go back to EU Code.

Soldato
Just wondering if i've done something wrong/stupid. I bought the 12 month Xbox Live Gold code from cdkeys. I've redeemed it and when i log into my account is shows as having a valid subscription until the 10th May 2022

I then went to this link, where it says to upgrade for £1
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

I click the icon and then it just opens up the following window, no option to only pay £1

M7FLP5j.png

Any ideas where i'm failing?

Caporegime
Just wondering if i've done something wrong/stupid. I bought the 12 month Xbox Live Gold code from cdkeys. I've redeemed it and when i log into my account is shows as having a valid subscription until the 10th May 2022

I then went to this link, where it says to upgrade for £1
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

I click the icon and then it just opens up the following window, no option to only pay £1

M7FLP5j.png

Any ideas where i'm failing?

if you had Gamepass before i don't believe you can convert it for £1, the £1 offer is the enticing ad page which only applies if you never had Gamepass before. I think if you had then it's £10.99 as a standard conversion.

It is much cheaper to convert 3 years of XBL than just 1 year though.

Soldato
Ok cheers, just didn't want to end up stung with the £10.99 a month!

I've had it a few times in the past for various trials and then end up barely using it, so think for now i'll stick with 12 months and then see in the future, might end up costing more but better than paying for something i don't use.

Caporegime
Ok cheers, just didn't want to end up stung with the £10.99 a month!

I've had it a few times in the past for various trials and then end up barely using it, so think for now i'll stick with 12 months and then see in the future, might end up costing more but better than paying for something i don't use.

In the 2 weeks i had it, I've tried at least like £300 worth of games and then uninstalled lol

Soldato
Yeah i find myself installing and then not liking and moving on whereas buying them i'll be more selective. I don't really play that much, i installed AC Valhalla in December and only finished it a few weeks ago and played it pretty much exclusively!

Caporegime
Yeah i find myself installing and then not liking and moving on whereas buying them i'll be more selective. I don't really play that much, i installed AC Valhalla in December and only finished it a few weeks ago and played it pretty much exclusively!

I installed Fifa, played a match and realised i don't really want to spend time learning to get good at it.

Wreckfest is good, played a bit of that.

Forza 4 Horizon is like the same as 3 in a different country, so took that off.

Plus a few others.

Started Halo on Saturday, that seems good, will stick with that. I also want to play (try) all the Yakuza games too.

Associate
I just keep getting a month for £1, been doing it for about 2 years now. Everytime I get the 1 month for £1, cancel recurring straight away and when it expires it shows as £1 for another month again.
Think my account may be bugged haha :D

Back
Top Bottom