XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
So am i right in thinking.

Buy say a year of gold - Then upgrade to Gamepass and it will be £1?
Never done this before - Just bagged a Series X so unsure how all of this works.

Caporegime
So am i right in thinking.

Buy say a year of gold - Then upgrade to Gamepass and it will be £1?
Never done this before - Just bagged a Series X so unsure how all of this works.

Yup, up to maximum of 3 years, so I bought 3 years of gold then + £1 and got Gamepass for the 3 years. Next renewal on my profile is April 2024.

Soldato
Just wondering if i've done something wrong/stupid. I bought the 12 month Xbox Live Gold code from cdkeys. I've redeemed it and when i log into my account is shows as having a valid subscription until the 10th May 2022

I then went to this link, where it says to upgrade for £1
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold/upgrade

I click the icon and then it just opens up the following window, no option to only pay £1

M7FLP5j.png

Any ideas where i'm failing?

Yeah that is fine, you just be paying the normal monthly price instead of £1 if you were previously a GPU customer, you will still get the 1:1 conversion.

Check first if you have the existing xbox gold subscription before you select join.

Soldato
Can someone clarify please

currently subbed at £10.99 a month

if I cancel the recurring and let my sub lapse am I then able to add 36 month of live onto my account and then convert to GPU

Soldato
Cool thanks. Only just got my XSX yesterday so using the 3 months for a £1, once that’s done I’ll do the gold conversion route.

Make sure you don't take the 1 month free offer when you input the code.

I think MS offer it if you turn on recurring billing, otherwise you will have 26 months after the first two codes and won't be able to enter the final code as you can't have more than 36 months on your account.

Soldato
I would be very surprised if this 1:1 deal is still going in a year, general price rise might take 2 years given they got some bad press trying to rise the gold price not long ago.

Associate
My XBL and Game Pass are about to expire in the next couple of days. Looking ahead on CD Keys (using VPN) on the Brazilian version it highlights in red that it only works on Brazil Xbox Live accounts only. Was this always the case or has this been brought in recently?

Has anyone been successful redeeming these in the last few days/week?

Soldato
My XBL and Game Pass are about to expire in the next couple of days. Looking ahead on CD Keys (using VPN) on the Brazilian version it highlights in red that it only works on Brazil Xbox Live accounts only. Was this always the case or has this been brought in recently?

I just redeemed 3 years worth yesterday, only difference was it was Turkey codes and I got them from Eneba, so had to use a different VPN to tunnelbear

Associate
Just redeemed my code now. I've been a GPU customer before but just wanted to check that I'll be converting three years of XBL for £10.99 one off? Or am I paying £10.99 per month? Not quite clear...

Associate
Buy brazilian xbox live 12.months for £20 from cdkeys.or similar. Then activate using the app but using a free vpn with Brazilian location. Then pay £1 to convert to gamepass ultimate. Can do a max of 3 years stacked

Works fine. Brazilian is probably the cheapest.

Use zen vpn to activate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom