Xbox One Gold Sharing

Associate
Hi,

Not sure if anyone can shed some light on this, I think it's relatively straight forward.

I recently purchased an Xbox One with Gold Live, my cousin came and stayed with me so I created a new GT for him and enabled game sharing. I've set my Xbox One to Home so we can share games but I noticed that when he signs in and tries to download the free games that comes with Gold Live it asks him to purchase them. I sign in with my GT and the game is free. Not that its a problem but I prefer not to leave my GT signed in when I'm not at home.

Is Gold sharing only limited to multiplayer?

Soldato
Gold sharing is limited to multiplayer and games, not on marketplace browsing Deals for Gold/buying/downloading.

My missus account is Gold and mine have since ran out. I can only browse the deal via her account despite me being able to play multiplayer games without her account signed in.

A pain but savings for us. In your case, you just need to download the game via your account and the home Xbox will automatically download it too. Just make sure he doesn't delete it / stop the download.

Associate
OP
Ah that's brilliant, I'm happy just for multiplayer sharing. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me doing something wrong.

I'll just download the games for him prior to going to work.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom