**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
You can watch the live stream now here on XBOX
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

So,

we've just had the announcement of the XBOX ONE. A shock to some who considered the XBOX 720 would be the name. From the Stream introduced with the actual console, this makes me much happier than the PS4 launch as however good the content was shown, I was disappointed not to see the hardware. They are featuring more on an all in one system, something "simple to connect to your friends"

Voice control feature seems pretty neat, not too sure if it's going to be a gimmick but different never the less.

The all new XBOX Kinect also looks very innovative with the very high-detailed capture features. The stream showed a life-to-life example of the kinect being used by a fighter and woman doing excercises.

40 Design innovations to the controller,

Dynamic impulse triggers
New D-Pad design

Please add to the thread with relevant official information.

31625010151600294539614.jpg

Games Shown :

FIFA 14 - Ultimate Team
FORZA 5 - (apparently running in real time)
Quantum Break - Looks interesting, started with a real life video
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Comparison VS MW3 with Next Gen updates. High-res textures. This looks amazing)
CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS PREMIER! Being played on the console

** Isn't backwards compatible!!**

Microsoft's Marc Whitten just lifted the hood on the Xbox One's technical specifications. In short: 8 gigs of RAM, USB 3.0, Wi-Fi Direct, a Blu-Ray disc drive, 64-bit architecture and "practically silent operation."
Kinect 2.0 also gets a substantial upgrade. Whitten promised the integrated camera will have a wider field of view, and the sensor will be able to detect more joints, to include rotation of wrists and shoulders. "When you are exercising it can read your heartbeat." - Kotaku

Specs:

• 8 Core CPU
• 8GB System Memory
• 500GB Hard Drive
• Blu-ray Drive
• 802.1n Wireless
• HDMI In/Out
• USB 3.0

Man of Honour
Interesting name. Does away with the whole "oh noes we can't call it xbox 4 so it will seem lower than the ps4!!!!!" thing as everyone knows it's clearly not the first Xbox.

Soldato
OP
Interesting name. Does away with the whole "oh noes we can't call it xbox 4 so it will seem lower than the ps4!!!!!" thing as everyone knows it's clearly not the first Xbox.

Certainly a Combo-Breaker. Not the first company though, Apple with "The New Ipad" also of the same naming route.

Associate
dont like the way its half hour in and nowthey only just mentioned games

i hope all those commands can be done by pad and not just voice i dont have room for kinnect

Associate
did he just say FUT was exclusive to Xbox now? or did i miss hear that? (god hope i did, not sure what console i'll end up with atm.)

Back
Top Bottom