**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
Oh wow, so two paywalls - madness, hopefully the fitness sub is cheap (as in game a year cheap)...

ps3ud0 :cool:
It's free for over a year with XBL Gold so the OP was correct. Free... For over a year... As a benefit of XBLG and yet you still manage to get in a "oh wow two paywalls" dig... Is there anything you can't manage to find something to moan about when it comes to XO? :rolleyes: Wait, don't answer that, I think we're all pretty clear on that topic tbh. ;) :D

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting to read MS have said they've sold "Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013." which given the dire predictions of a flop is a pretty good start, particularly when you take into account the PR FUBARs earlier in the year. Given it's still in only 13 countries vs the PS4s 48 it bodes well for a well supported platform going forward although only time will tell if letting Sony get a head start in other countries was a huge mistake or not. Without doubt SP4 will have outsold XO globally as the incumbent, in fact it's pretty remarkable Xbox has managed to gain the market share it has in a relatively few years competing with a giant that completely dominated the industry. It was only a few years ago that any console was referred to as a "PlayStation" although that seems to have slipped a bit of late.

For XO users hopefully this leaves us in a good position, XO has sold enough to be taken seriously by publishers to ensure decent titles, but has left MS unable to sit back and relax so I'm hoping for some real proactive improvements and updates based on community and dev feedback for the XO from MS over the next 12 months as they try to win back some market share. Fingers crossed although there's always the slight worry of never underestimating the ability of a huge company to screw something up. :)
http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

Despite the PR/Marketing missteps the xbone was always going to sell well...

Many people were heavily invested in Microsoft gaming services and I'd wager it would still have sold well even if they had stuck with the restrictive DRM/always online policies.

It's CoD syndrome, every year the masses ***** & moan about it but they all still buy it.

The Xbone and PS4 will likely end up neck and neck sales wise, much like the 360 & PS3.

Caporegime
Phewww finally managed to finish off Ryse and what a game it is, superb in every sense of the word imho. Had to play it through a few times as i wanted to get all the collectibles, i did in the end and also max out all my skills and executions.

But suffice to say, for me the best game for the xbox one at the moment. Got bored of COD ghosts and Forza5 so glad i picked this up from the MM for cheap. Hope we see more games like this in the future, it was smooth and fluid from the cinematics to the actual gameplay.

For me definitely 10/10.

Soldato
What I love about the XBox One, apart from the games, is how you can use Kinect to control it. I am currently watching all 5 seasons of Chuck on Netflix and I don't have to touch the controller to use the One at all. The commands work seemlessly and mean I can lie on my settee and not have to lift a finger.

Associate
Yea totally agree me and my girlfriend just finished chuck on netflix too and we have never found ourself touching the controller or repeating any commands. We are starting a dexter marathon from tomorrow which will be fun!

To people with problems with kinect I suggest doing the sound set up again and putting your volume at the loudest and kinect should tell you it's too loud, so just take it down by 2 until it allows the test to finish. This really really helped and now we can even speak at a very quiet voice and still picks up.

Soldato
Guys what life are you getting from your batteries in the controller? I am on my second set of batteries and I have hardly played!

First set of AAs lasted me 2 weeks and that was playing the console for at least 1-2 hours each day.

Had a set of Eneloops in since and still not had to change them!

Associate
Anyone on?

Why does my X-BOX ignore my words?

EDIT: Sorted it, I had it on the wrong language I think + everyone was shouting in the background when I set it up.

Acting like a warwick estate family lol.

Right you better watch out for: EL ROOSTER

Last edited:
Associate
My batteries went mid way through FIFA game and the opponent went on and scored while I was searching the house for replacements. Gee! Thanks Microsoft for improving on the 360!! Gah!

Man of Honour
My batteries went mid way through FIFA game and the opponent went on and scored while I was searching the house for replacements. Gee! Thanks Microsoft for improving on the 360!! Gah!
Yup, that's definitely very annoying. They should have a notification pop up to tell you that you've got 10% power remaining in your batteries. That should give you enough juice left to finish your match, then go and get some spare batteries.

Soldato
Yup, that's definitely very annoying. They should have a notification pop up to tell you that you've got 10% power remaining in your batteries. That should give you enough juice left to finish your match, then go and get some spare batteries.

There's a few things they need to sort out, the party system being the main problem, it's a step back from the 360.

Luckily I have a play and charge kit so haven't had to worry about batteries once, I just plug my controller in when I'm finished for the day but have been playing with a few people and their batteries go mid game with no warning. there's no reason why they can't have a battery life indicator on the home screen next to the clock.

Associate
Anyone had a Kinect die on them?
Mine was fine yesterday morning, but in the afternoon i noticed it wasnt lit up and its now saying "Kinect is unplugged".

Amazon have said they cant replace it (day one forza) so can only offer a full refund.
Microsoft can send me another and then i can send mine in.

They want to hold £97 for it though until i send my broken one back...which would be fine, but my bank blocked the payment.

So ive either got to faff with the bank a bit or send it all back.

Anyone had experience of microsoft replacing kinects?
Any idea if its pretty straight forward i.e. they send the labels, cover postage etc?

Soldato
Anyone had a Kinect die on them?
Mine was fine yesterday morning, but in the afternoon i noticed it wasnt lit up and its now saying "Kinect is unplugged".

Amazon have said they cant replace it (day one forza) so can only offer a full refund.
Microsoft can send me another and then i can send mine in.

They want to hold £97 for it though until i send my broken one back...which would be fine, but my bank blocked the payment.

So ive either got to faff with the bank a bit or send it all back.

Anyone had experience of microsoft replacing kinects?
Any idea if its pretty straight forward i.e. they send the labels, cover postage etc?

Yep its straight forward. You can contact UPS once your replacement arrives (if you do the advanced exchange)

Bit odd that your bank blocked the payment

Soldato
Do these work for anyone, or are did they not actually make the cut? :/

0ydd.png

Associate

this very thing happened to me tonight and i was 2-0 up with 30 mins left ot play grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

was searching the drawers for my batteries and forgot that you can just use a mini usb lead without any batteries so just plugged in the one from my nexus charger and into the usb port on my xbox and then the little end into the controller. job done

infact the game experience since to also change i didnt seem to get the tiny pause between passes or the balloon shot when i only tapped shoot .

think i might even ditch the batteries altogether now and just use a usb lead

Back
Top Bottom