Xbox Project Xcloud

Man of Honour
Any news on a Windows or even iOS client for the preview? Can't believe it's Android only.
It makes sense to support one platform during the beta to limit the variables as this is for their testing purposes rather than our consumption.

I want it on the Switch, but that will never happen :(

Soldato
Received my invite last week, tried a couple of games at home (Virgin 350 Down / 35 Up) and it works pretty well. There's definitely some input lag but it's not terrible.

Tried it again at some hotel in Ireland (35 down / can't remember upload) and it's not so great. The input lag seems comparable to home but the video/audio feed is not good, lots of stuttering.

I suppose it's to be expected and will hopefully improve over time.

Soldato
Printed off a phone mount and was playing killer instinct in bed last night. Ran really well, looked sharp and no noticeable lag.

Will give it a go whilst out and and about in 4G in the next few days.

Really like where they are going with the whole Gamepass thing they have going.

Associate
got my invite earlier and had half an hour or so on Ace Combat 7 on my old huawei P10 Pro. Lag free, good fun. Only thing is i would be a little self conscious to break it out on the train with a full size controller. It would be nice to get something a little more discreet.

Associate
Applied to test and received an invite within 24 hours.

Played Vampyr & Borderlands 2 on my old Samsung 10.5" tablet (2014, SM-T805) - Vampyr was a little stuttery and had to restart when the ambient music went stuttery, affecting the speech in cutscenes.

Borderlands 2 ran great - I just need to up the controller sensitivity as turning was *slooooww*

Not had a chance to try it out on my phone (OnePlus 5T) and on 4G, but I've ordered a controller dock for out & about.

I was pretty impressed - my boy has the Xbone in his bedroom - will he be able to play his own games, whilst I try streaming from it, or is that asking too much?

Associate
It's asking too much...I tried playing a game on cloud whilst logged into my xbox but it signed me out on my one x.

I thought as much.

Managed to improve the rendering speed on my Samsung Tablet, in Borderlands 2 - it helped that I was sat practically on top of the router, too.

Bought a clip to attach my OnePlus 5T to the controller - it's a reasonable solution, albeit uncomfortably heavy after a while. Biggest disappointment was that the near 6 inch screen was just too small to play anything fast-paced. Vampyr worked well, but that's a far more story-led design.

Will get a chance to try streaming directly from the Boy's Xbone tomorrow - I think the Lego games (Avengers/Star Wars trilogy) will play nicely.

Associate
Got a clip on phone holder from Amazon and it's great. They added civilization to xcloud yesterday. Spent hours playing it, and also playing bloodstained. No noticeable or game changing lag, really impressed so far. Anyone still using it?

Last edited:
Soldato
They added a stack of new games on Tuesday:
  1. Batman: The Enemy Within – The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
  2. Batman: The Telltale Series – The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
  3. Destiny 2
  4. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  5. GoNNER – BLÜEBERRY Edition
  6. Portal Knights
  7. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
  8. Kingdom Two Crowns
  9. Sparklite
  10. SUPERHOT
  11. The Surge
  12. The Wolf Among Us
  13. Tracks – The Train Set Game
  14. Train Sim World 2019
  15. The Surge
  16. Wasteland 2: Directors Cut

Associate
I need to order a clip for my phone, any recommendations?

I only use xcloud if I'm waiting for someone in car.... Seems to happen way to much now days.

Caporegime
What's the story with XCloud compatibility? Do games have to be altered somehow to work with the service? I'm wondering why the whole Xbone library isn't immediately playable.

Associate
What's the story with XCloud compatibility? Do games have to be altered somehow to work with the service? I'm wondering why the whole Xbone library isn't immediately playable.

Testing it? Still missing major features. No controller vibration, limited GUI options ....

Installing 3000+ games on servers is waste of time/money.

100 games ranging from different types way easier to manage.

Soldato
They're being pretty generous as it is, no? Presumably either the service or the games will eventually be behind a pay wall.

Back
Top Bottom