• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Whilst I don't disagree with you, it is worth noting that they only mention the embargo on reporting certain aspects has been lifted - it would be easy to assume that there is m,ore that the media and review sites aren't yet allowed to tell or show us..........I want to see third parties messing with the PS5 hardware!

Well they do have another six weeks to fill with content...

Soldato
After a quick test of my Turtle Beach 700 Gen 2s I must say I’m impressed so far. Detailed sound and bass while being very comfortable and easy to setup. Not a million miles away from my DT990s.

I have tried pretty much every headphone in that price range when I went through my phase. I personally found the high end on those really harsh but overall they were great. I prefered the 770's due to that.

Soldato
Whilst I don't disagree with you, it is worth noting that they only mention the embargo on reporting certain aspects has been lifted - it would be easy to assume that there is m,ore that the media and review sites aren't yet allowed to tell or show us..........I want to see third parties messing with the PS5 hardware!

I really hope that is the case and we see some awesome stuff before release.

Then my cynical side comes out and is like "u wot m8, don't get your hopes up my san, its all gone a bit pear shaped!"

Because even though I'm from the Midlands, my inner cynic is indeed a Cockney Geezer! :p

Soldato
Faster load times and better frame rate is why I’m going to buy one ;). I couldn’t really care less about next gen titles as it is, they will come out when they are ready.

Come launch day and I manage to get hold of one, I’m not going to be too disappointed, I’ll just be happy to play destiny2 in 4K at 60fps.

yeah, these are big factors for me also...

Soldato
I really hope that is the case and we see some awesome stuff before release.

Then my cynical side comes out and is like "u wot m8, don't get your hopes up my san, its all gone a bit pear shaped!"

Because even though I'm from the Midlands, my inner cynic is indeed a Cockney Geeza! :p

There's loads of stuff to cover yet. At the very least:

• Performance of next gen titles like The Medium.
  • Performance of cross-gen exclusives like Crossfire X (campaign) and The Ascent.
  • Performance of first-party enhanced titles.
  • Performance of third party Smart Delivery titles like AC: Valhalla and WD: Legion.
  • All of the above for Series S. And comparisons between X and S.

Watch.They'll drag it out over six weeks.

Soldato
I've got a Series S on pre-order from Amazon but I'm wondering how much better the Series X would be for gaming on my TV. I've got two fairly cheap TVs, both Hisense, on at 50" and the other at 55" and they say 4k but obviously at the price point you take this with a pinch of salt. I'm currently using an Xbox One S for my gaming, so even the Series S is a vast improvement for me on my TV. Do you guys reckon I should stick with the S, or try for an X. I know the Series S will upscale, and it's good for 1440p. I also know my TVs will not support 120fps, but do we think games overall will perform far better even at lower resolutions on the X vs the S, or will they be locked through the engines?

Soldato
Digital Foundry vid. I'm a bit disappointed in some of the results, that the XSX still cannot get a solid 4K60 in some titles. OK, it might only dip 10 fps here and there but I can't help think this shouldn't be happening at all.

Are any of the games tested in any way treated for the new hardware?

Associate
A lot of what currently purports to be 4k is actually upscaled 1440p, and to be quite honest I think most would have difficulty in telling - I think that resolution upscales very well.......it'll be interesting to see how big the difference is between S and X.

Soldato
So apparently the useable space of the 1tb drive in the series X is ~800GB; any one seen this? I presume if this is this case, this would be a combination of formatted drive size from the 1TB, OS and perhaps storage for quick resume?

Caporegime
OP
So apparently the useable space of the 1tb drive in the series X is ~800GB; any one seen this? I presume if this is this case, this would be a combination of formatted drive size from the 1TB, OS and perhaps storage for quick resume?

Yes, 1TB always formats to around 930GB when partitioned. 40GB is the supposed size for the Quick Resume partition. So then you've got 930-40-802 = 88GB for the OS and other partitions like recovery or some such. Probably one as a temporary area for screen captures? I know the Xbox One has a multitude of them.

wiDPROM.png

Soldato
Not really liking all this emphasis on backwards compatibility. Really don’t want another console of remasters and the like. Would be nice to have some games to wow at launch showing what a 12 teraflop GPU can do. Replaying the same games again with better FPS just does not interest me. Hopefully the newer games like Cyberpunk etc will make use of the system.

Soldato
Not really liking all this emphasis on backwards compatibility. Really don’t want another console of remasters and the like. Would be nice to have some games to wow at launch showing what a 12 teraflop GPU can do. Replaying the same games again with better FPS just does not interest me. Hopefully the newer games like Cyberpunk etc will make use of the system.

I don't disagree but backwards compatibility isn't the same as remasters and remakes. It's just improving on what is already available.
I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom