• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Bit disappointing that a release game (Watch Dogs) which isn't even a proper X series game (ie its on ps4 and xbox one) can only do 4k30fps after MS touting the X series as a 4k 60fps machine so much.

Hopefully the game is just poorly optimised as it looks like even PC's will struggle. X Series seems to be pumping out about 2080ti performance potentially judging by PC benches on Watch Dog. You would have thought they could get more optimisation out of it being a console though.

If it cant even do 4k60fps on last gen titles on release though....what hope does it have in a few years when we get GTA 6 or RDR 3 or Witcher 4 etc?

Will start saving for the inevitable Xbox Series X X in a few years time :p

It's 4k/30 because of the insistence of using ray tracing. I bet if they turned off ray tracing and dropped shadows or other expensive performance setting we could get 60fps. Hopefully there will be an option for that. They managed to get AC:Valhalla 4k/60 so I can't see why they can't get WD

Man of Honour
Bit disappointing that a release game (Watch Dogs) which isn't even a proper X series game (ie its on ps4 and xbox one) can only do 4k30fps after MS touting the X series as a 4k 60fps machine so much.

Hopefully the game is just poorly optimised as it looks like even PC's will struggle. X Series seems to be pumping out about 2080ti performance potentially judging by PC benches on Watch Dog. You would have thought they could get more optimisation out of it being a console though.

If it cant even do 4k60fps on last gen titles on release though....what hope does it have in a few years when we get GTA 6 or RDR 3 or Witcher 4 etc?

Will start saving for the inevitable Xbox Series X X in a few years time :p

On the one hand I would agree, but on the other Ubisoft aren’t exactly known for their optimisation, it runs like crap on pc too. Watch dogs also uses ray tracing very heavily and it’s a killer, especially at 4k.

Those developers that care and the Microsoft in house developers should be able to get a lot more out of the hardware.

By the time the next exclusives drop in a few years time there’ll be a mid gen refresh and by that time hardware and software should be better able to handle ray tracing.

Soldato
I’m from smyths and I’d guess it should still be okay as the advice was to work at home if you are able to do so. I’d imagine those in warehouse would still be in to dispatch.

*edit*

Smyths online

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought the PM said click & collect could continue anyway? So that would mean Currys, Argos, etc. could continue to operate. Potentially others too.

Back
Top Bottom