• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I haven't got any games pre ordered either. I have game pass though so I'll just be trying games out from there

Maybe it's game pass that's destroying their lineup, as why have separate launch titles if you have a massive game pass library you can use.

Associate
Just been into my local Game where I pre-ordered the Series X.

Providing you pay for the console before the lockdown starts, you will be able to pick it up on launch day as they are treating it click & collect.

Happy days :)

Cheers all

Associate
Just been into my local Game where I pre-ordered the Series X.

Providing you pay for the console before the lockdown starts, you will be able to pick it up on launch day as they are treating it click & collect.

Happy days :)

Cheers all

Was there a discussion on how and when you pay for it in full before lockdown and are they to notify the customers of this do you know ? Or we just gotta go there and say I wanna pay in full now ?

Associate
Was there a discussion on how and when you pay for it in full before lockdown and are they to notify the customers of this do you know ? Or we just gotta go there and say I wanna pay in full now ?

I went in store this morning the manager was in the process of phoning all the customers who had pre-ordered and explaining what to do etc.

Cheers all

Soldato
I cant help but feel I should cancel my preorder, I have an X preordered with amazon but haven't preordered a single game yet as there just isn't anything that is jumping out at me as a must play.

It might just be a case of open the box and set it up see if that ignites the flame.

I do however have a PS5 and a few games preordered too that I'm looking forward too... although I am a huge souls fan so Demons Souls was enough to sell it for me as I played it from importing the Japanese release after watching a few early gameplay videos.

If there's nothing about the launch that excites you, why do you think a fire will be ignited when you open the box? Genuinely, if you're not interested in anything that Game Pass backwards compatibility has to offer, or games like Halo and Gears 5, Forza Horizons 4 etc being upgraded for the next-gen hardware, and AC Valhalla or Legion doesn't interest you, then there's probably no point in spending £450 on a new console at launch. It's a bit odd that you've pre-ordered one if you don't feel like it's worthwhile getting one at launch.

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Because they're pushing game pass as a massive selling point of the series X/S, they're focusing less on individual launch titles.

Well all first party titles will launch on game pass day one anyway, and the way the world is at the moment, there aren't really many launch exclusives on either platform. I'm sure if Halo/Forza or some new IP game was ready they would be shouting from the rooftops, but a lot of games got delayed due to lockdowns across the world. I'm sure microsoft or sony didn't really plan to have such a sparse new game launch lineup

Soldato
Because they're pushing game pass as a massive selling point of the series X/S, they're focusing less on individual launch titles.

The main issue is that their own big launch title, Halo Infinite, has suffered from development issues. It was originally meant to be ready for the launch. The fact remains that backwards compatibility and Game Pass are still pretty massive reasons for getting a new console. I'm certainly not done playing the games I'm playing at the moment (Sea Of Thieves, Gears 5, Halo MCC, No Man's Sky and Forza Horizon 4 at the moment) and they'll all be getting upgraded for next-gen so it's a big positive for me. I'm not fussed about exclusives, I never have been and a console exclusive title certainly doesn't mean an automatically amazing game.

Associate
Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed for new gen??

I'm not as excited as I have been in the past. Maybe its just age or the feeling its not going to be as big of an upgrade we're used to getting.

I think it's a very good upgrade but there's no games that I can't play on what I have. I can wait it out. It's interesting that The Coalition are now looking at the possibility of having to have Input Based matchmaking due to the advantage of playing on the X series vs the Xbone. It's caused them enough grief with PC vs Xbox.

Soldato
Just taken delivery of a Sabrent 1TB NVMe and a Sabrent aluminium external USB 3.1 drive enclosure. The quality is amazing! I picked that up as extra storage and figured that if I wasn't making full use of it on my Xbox Series X later on, then I can put it into my PC as a secondary storage device given that the NVMe can be easily removed from the enclosure.

The enclosure comes with a small torx screwdriver for the screws as well so Sabrent aren't messing around! Oh, and the NVMe comes in a lovely aluminium case which was a nice touch. Really impressed with the quality tbh. The enclosure is very small and very secure. I'd recommend this setup to anyone looking to expand the storage solution with something quick enough to work well.

Associate
My problem with a SSD external drive is that 1tb won't be enough, and if you're getting 2tb then you may as well pay the extra and get the proper expansion drive.
I'll be using a cheap platter drive and just juggling the installs.

Soldato
My problem with a SSD external drive is that 1tb won't be enough, and if you're getting 2tb then you may as well pay the extra and get the proper expansion drive.

For me now, 2TB is more than enough. That's easily 25 to 30 games from AAA titles to indies so I can't see how that isn't enough for most people. How many games do you play regularly to need more than 2TB total between internal and external?

Man of Honour

1tb external ssd will be plenty for back compat titles combined with a fast internet connection. I think it cost me £90-100 for a crucial ssd and the sabrent connector. Brilliant value over the official expansion. Once the internal drive is full I’ll get the official expansion - by which time there should be more and cheaper options.

Associate
1tb external ssd will be plenty for back compat titles combined with a fast internet connection. I think it cost me £90-100 for a crucial ssd and the sabrent connector. Brilliant value over the official expansion. Once the internal drive is full I’ll get the official expansion - by which time there should be more and cheaper options.
......but then you're left with a spare SSD drive laying about gathering dust.

Back
Top Bottom