• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Game Pass and a cheap Series S are the only reason I'm buying an Xbox at all. I can't see myself spending any extra money at all.

I'm in the same mindset. I also have a fairly large back catalogue of older games I was given for free in Games with Gold promotions so I should be set for a good while.

I managed to grab a very cheap used SanDisk 480GB USB 3.1 SSD which I'll be using for backwards compatible stuff. Should be plenty big enough for me as I've never met the limits of my OG Xbone.

Associate
Had a call from the GAME store i pre ordered from, said if I want to pick it up as planned on the 10th I have to come in store between tomorrow (Monday) and Wednesday to pay the balance off, then on the 10th they will be open between 8am-1pm to collect, if it's not collected on the 10th then it will be held until they reopen (if paid for)
Luckily I'm on nights from tomorrow so I'll be there when it opens to get it paid off....getting excited now, I have 12 days off starting this Friday so should have some time to play on it, considering there will be nowhere to go (and the mrs doesn't have any decorating planned!)

Man of Honour
Had a call from the GAME store i pre ordered from, said if I want to pick it up as planned on the 10th I have to come in store between tomorrow (Monday) and Wednesday to pay the balance off, then on the 10th they will be open between 8am-1pm to collect, if it's not collected on the 10th then it will be held until they reopen (if paid for)
Luckily I'm on nights from tomorrow so I'll be there when it opens to get it paid off....getting excited now, I have 12 days off starting this Friday so should have some time to play on it, considering there will be nowhere to go (and the mrs doesn't have any decorating planned!)

That’s a tight window. A good few are going to be without their consoles.

Soldato
Got an email from GAME asking me to pay in full pre- lockdown, I'll pop in tomorrow and sort it, at least they're giving a click and collect option, I thought I'd be stuck without one.

Associate
I don't understand why GAME can't offer a delivery option for ~£5.......would give their staff the opportunity to earn a few quid dropping them off before they get furloughed.....and I'd trust their staff 100 times more than Yodel or Herpes!

Soldato
Man..I’m in a sticky spot..

I was first in line on the 22nd at GAME Falkirk to pre-order my Series X, I have since moved up north and was planning on travelling down, (bout 3 hour drive) to pay off and collect my pre-order on the 10th..

now I’m wondering if I should phone GAME in the morning, book-in and make the trip down this week to pay up in full?

what would you guys do?

oh, and I spoke to the manager and he said it would be ok to do the payment and collection on the 10th, but now I’m not so sure! :confused:

Associate

I was first in line on the 22nd at GAME Falkirk to pre-order my Series X, I have since moved up north and was planning on travelling down, (bout 3 hour drive) to pay off and collect my pre-order on the 10th..

now I’m wondering if I should phone GAME in the morning, book-in and make the trip down this week to pay up in full?

what would you guys do?

oh, and I spoke to the manager and he said it would be ok to do the payment and collection on the 10th, but now I’m not so sure! :confused:
Can you not phone up and pay by card over the phone?

Associate
Bit disappointing that a release game (Watch Dogs) which isn't even a proper X series game (ie its on ps4 and xbox one) can only do 4k30fps after MS touting the X series as a 4k 60fps machine so much.

Hopefully the game is just poorly optimised as it looks like even PC's will struggle. X Series seems to be pumping out about 2080ti performance potentially judging by PC benches on Watch Dog. You would have thought they could get more optimisation out of it being a console though.

If it cant even do 4k60fps on last gen titles on release though....what hope does it have in a few years when we get GTA 6 or RDR 3 or Witcher 4 etc?

Will start saving for the inevitable Xbox Series X X in a few years time :p
Count yourself lucky, I think I read it isn't even proper 4k on the PS5 (upscaled 1440p)......I'm a bit surprised by how much thjis game seems to struggle as well!

Associate

what would you guys do?

When you say "up north", do you mean up north in England........or further north in Scotland? Surely Falkirk is far enough north for any man? :D
I'm actually quite surprised it's possible to get 3 hours further north! :D
*Scottish ancestry, but never actually been!

Is there not a nearer GAME that they could deliver it to? Seems blooming harsh in the circumstances!

Soldato
When you say "up north", do you mean up north in England........or further north in Scotland? Surely Falkirk is far enough north for any man? :D
I'm actually quite surprised it's possible to get 3 hours further north! :D
*Scottish ancestry, but never actually been!

Is there not a nearer GAME that they could deliver it to? Seems blooming harsh in the circumstances!

sorry, meant further north in Scotland, I think they could transfer but would not be till after the 10th, plus my luck something would go wrong in transit or what not! :(

Caporegime
Got an email from GAME asking me to pay in full pre- lockdown, I'll pop in tomorrow and sort it, at least they're giving a click and collect option, I thought I'd be stuck without one.
Are they still charging £10 whether it’s delivery or collection from a store?? I remember quite a few people kicking off about it but never heard anything about Game saying anything about it.
It’s those sort of shady practices that make me stay far away from them. If anything I’ll just take my Xbox one x for a trade in depending on the price. But I refuse to give them a single penny from my wallet and I’ll probably be waiting awhile to get my series x as I won’t be getting it through them.

Back
Top Bottom