• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Thank god for network transfer over the LAN; went to download Battlefield 5 and it was going to take 7 hours.... transferred across the LAN (cabled) at 650 Mbit a second.... managed to get BFV, Forza 7, COD:Warzone, COD WW2, F1 2019, No Mans Sky and Snooker 19 over in about 30 mins!
Well Happy!

Associate

Mine set up next to the Ncase M1 - This bookshelf is to the right of my desk, using a Dell S2721DGF 1440p / 120hz via HDMI for the Series X, played some Gears 5 multiplayer last night, what a difference! Hoping that every online game goes the way of offering a 1440 / 120hz mode, even with dynamic scaling it is well worth it!

Just need to get some longer cables before doing a complete tidy up job to get close to 0 showing!
Need more airflow from the top it’s giving me anxiety

Permabanned
Thank god for network transfer over the LAN; went to download Battlefield 5 and it was going to take 7 hours.... transferred across the LAN (cabled) at 650 Mbit a second.... managed to get BFV, Forza 7, COD:Warzone, COD WW2, F1 2019, No Mans Sky and Snooker 19 over in about 30 mins!
Well Happy!

Is that transferring from an old xbox?

What would be seriously awesome is backup/transfer from a NAS.

Caporegime
Anything special you need to do for fast switch to work? Just tried to load sea of thieves whilst on Forza and when I went back to Forza it had to boot up from the start.

Soldato
Its not a 4k machine. So why would it. There are still improvements made to the games that are patched. Also even though that aren't will have features like, better resolutions and higher frame rates.

This is such a bizarre argument to pose.

The enhancements in many One X enhanced titles go way beyond a higher rendering resolution. Take The Witcher 2 as an example. DF took an in-depth look at the extensive enhancements that game received. Series S misses out on all of it, and instead gets the plain old 360 version with AutoHDR, rendered at 2560x1344. While that's understandable due to hardware constraints, it's hardly unreasonable to be somewhat disappointed

Associate
Well. The nightmare of my non delivered series x continues. DHL are holding it at the moment because ShopTo messed up and gave the wrong door number to DHL. Now that's just one of those things. But trying to get in contact with ShopTo has been crazy. With these covid times no one answers the phone anymore. The message said to give them a shout on Facebook. Well after a day of messing around waiting for them to do something, they inform me that I need to go into my account and send a ticket. Now that's fine but it says they will be in contact with me 24 to 48 working hours:p so I think they way this is going, DHL will send my parcel back to ShopTo and we will have to go from there. Maybe its a sign because I was still in two minds about keeping my pre-order ( shiny new, gets me all the time) more looking forward to getting my Ps5 next week to be fair. But that's through ShopTo as well! :p

Soldato
Well. The nightmare of my non delivered series x continues. DHL are holding it at the moment because ShopTo messed up and gave the wrong door number to DHL. Now that's just one of those things. But trying to get in contact with ShopTo has been crazy. With these covid times no one answers the phone anymore. The message said to give them a shout on Facebook. Well after a day of messing around waiting for them to do something, they inform me that I need to go into my account and send a ticket. Now that's fine but it says they will be in contact with me 24 to 48 working hours:p so I think they way this is going, DHL will send my parcel back to ShopTo and we will have to go from there. Maybe its a sign because I was still in two minds about keeping my pre-order ( shiny new, gets me all the time) more looking forward to getting my Ps5 next week to be fair. But that's through ShopTo as well! :p

I'll take the X off of your hands if you don't fancy it once your PS5 turns up.....?

Soldato
Anyone finding installing games when in suspended mode really slow? I'd queued up about 8 overnight and 10hrs later it had done about one, not even sure if it moved at all.

Checked settings and it is in suspended/instant in mode and the trick is off on the turn hd off.

Associate

On the recent invoice I got from ShopTo for my PS5 it says DPD 24h shipping. So hopefully they aren't using DHL.

Soldato
Anyone finding installing games when in suspended mode really slow? I'd queued up about 8 overnight and 10hrs later it had done about one, not even sure if it moved at all.

Checked settings and it is in suspended/instant in mode and the trick is off on the turn hd off.

I had slow downloads, seems that if a game wasn’t closed or even an app like Apple TV not being closed means download speed gets capped. Down to 30 from 330ish here with a app not properly closed down.

Associate
Has anyone managed to buy the Microsoft Complete 3 Year Warranty for the Xbox Series X? It shows up in the store on the console as £39.99 but just says page load failed when you try to buy it.

Man of Honour
Ori in 4K HDR is stunning.

Gears 4 I think is capped at 30fps still, it certainly feels like it.

Quick resume is seriously impressive. I’m back in a game from the box being off in seconds.

Back
Top Bottom