1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** Xbox Series X|S - £449/£249 - launches 10th November ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ic1male, 9 Jun 2019.

Tags:
?

Which will you buy?

1. Series X

421 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Series S

70 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Not interested

208 vote(s)
    29.1%
  4. Both

15 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. GIBURROWS

Mobster

Unbelievable amount on ebay.

2. Dredd

Wise Guy

After using both series x and s...

really shocked how good series s is doing, works really well, great machine for price.

but when both are running on same tv next to each other you can spot the changes, but if you use series s on 1080 screen it’s perfect.

I will take series s over Xbox one x everytime.

3. Benny

Gangster

£850 on amazon at the moment, there was two when I first looked only one left now.

4. chrcoluk

Soldato

trying to get app to work.

I enabled xbox app connection in console preferences.
    I installed the app, tapped add existing console, and I get a message saying sign into console with my profile, I am already signed in and nothing is happening.

If I select add new console it tells me to enter the code on the screen, but there is no code, its just on the dash.

5. GIBURROWS

Mobster

One "company" were selling them on ebay and advertising them on amazon, they are selling for around 680-750.

6. TheOracle

Capodecina

The PSVRs were selling for £1,000 two weeks before Christmas. IIRC, either the PS3 or PS4 were selling for around the same.

7. rickjames

Mobster

8. Arcane

Mobster

Have you managed to change the EQ? It says to hold press the power and hear a beep but I'm not getting one? Am I being thick?

No unfortunately, you have to get a specific version I believe.

9. Benny

Gangster

Wow! I'm new to looking at kit on release, is this the norm then? Think my experiences have always been focused on PC components in the past. Was going to upgrade mine but due to the stock issues with current GPU's thought I will get the New Series X. Got a perfectly serviceable ONE X I'm enjoying but was sorely tempted by the SERIES X. Guess I will just have to wait it out.

10. Benny

Gangster

Mad that this is becoming a form of business for people. I guess if people are willing to pay there is always going to be someone happy to feed them.

11. GIBURROWS

Mobster

I find it odd that the companies don't stop it from happening.

12. kkelly

Mobster

Currently still using a one x in the living room debating selling it now and trying up source a SX.

The SS we have is rapid, it's currently upstairs on a smaller screen and been faultless:)

13. Buckster

Sgarrista

Putting my 1tb 2.5 SSD into enclosure for series x

Worth buying a 3.1 gen 2 uasp one over using my.current 3.0 uasp enclosure please ?

14. Buckster

Sgarrista

Thanks for reply :) I'll purchase :)

15. chroniclard

Capodecina

Doubt it.

16. peahead

Mobster

17. kona786

Capodecina

Spoke to MS over the phone.

She tried adding Microsoft Complete to my Curry's bought Series X. No dice. She says an error comes up saying I purchased from a 3rd party. She also went to say I should be able MS Complete from the 3rd party retailer.

What a farce lol.

18. TheOracle

Capodecina

Yes, anything in high demand with a waiting list goes for silly money. The Mrs bought an iphone 4 on release, back then I think they were £400 new? I'll admit, when we found out they were selling for £1k on ebay, I sold it lol

It's only new console launches these days, and one offs like the PSVR. I think the oculus go went for a decent profit, or one of the oculus headsets when it first launched.

People want what they can't have basically. They feel left out, and if they have the cash, they'll spend it. I can see the xbox x and ps5 going up and up before Christmas. Especially in a year where not many have had a holiday due to the lockdown. They'll want a decent Christmas.

Scalpers and Bots don't help.....but they only exist because they have a market willing to pay.

I know for a fact, many, MANY people on here have placed multiple orders. They keep it quiet though as not to get abuse. Most will cancel the extra ones when they have secured their console, but some will place them on ebay.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2020
  19. [email protected]

Wise Guy

EU law means that companies can't stop it from happening - hence the RRP being used as a recommended price.......it's annoying, but there's not a lot that they can do once the consoles have gone out the door.

20. Yevgeny

Gangster