1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** Xbox Series X|S - £449/£249 - launches 10th November ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ic1male, 9 Jun 2019.

Tags:
?

Which will you buy?

1. Series X

421 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Series S

70 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Not interested

208 vote(s)
    29.1%
  4. Both

15 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. MrRockliffe

Mobster

No but if you were to compare battery life of a new controller vs a 2 year old one, you're going to see a decrease in battery life. Consoles have a ~7 year cycle as of the last gen, and the controllers should be designed with this in mind :)

2. MrRockliffe

Mobster

A play and charge kit is just rechargeable AA batteries in an enclosure with a micro USB cable - I use my own eneloops with my own cable :)

3. MagicBoy

Capodecina

If you've got an old Xbox One play and charge pack it still fits. I'm using one of those, and charging the controller with the work mobile AC adapter...

4. beachBOYken

Capodecina

I got some eneloops pro's the other day with a battery charger, was going to get the play and charge kit but thought I would try these for a change.

5. faceman123

Mobster

i picked up a new Xbox ONE X not the SERIES X for £140 New in box, I kinda feel a little buyers remorse, It's my first console in a couple of years, someone told me it'll be useless come June :(, should i sell it and upgrade?

6. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Why did they say it was useless. :confused:

7. chrcoluk

Soldato

I need a charger as well I think, my charger doesnt look in good condition, I got some new AA coming today same day delivery, and will hope the official charging kit becomes available again before they run out, if it doesnt I will get a new charger with some chargable batteries.

8. chroniclard

Capodecina

Wont be useless at all, will still get all the new games and has a massive back catalogue. Thats a bargain for a very good gaming machine.

9. MrRockliffe

Mobster

They've very good :)

I have a feeling Amazon's own branded ones (the ones made in Japan) are rebranded eneloops :)

10. CHokKA

Mobster

I've got EBL batteries and charger from Amazon for about £24. It came with 8 batteries that are 2800mAH and they last a long time. I don't see what the issue is tbh. I'm happier that I don't have another device to worry about plugging in every few days, and I certainly wouldn't like to have a cable attached to my console from the controller when the battery runs low whilst I'm playing. It's messy and annoying.

11. kkelly

Mobster

You've got all the back catalogue and games pass you are good tbh :)

12. chroniclard

Capodecina

eneloops seem quite expensive, I got 8 EBL 2800mAh for the same price.

13. MrRockliffe

Mobster

There's a reason though - they simply last longer, irrespective of the mAh :)

14. chrcoluk

Soldato

PS4 controllers are also wired controllers, so even if the battery died it would work via usb cable, and thats how I use my PS4 controller, in wired mode. Which is another point, usb cable came with my PS4 controller, none came with my Xbox Series console.

The charger pack is £20, it seems Microsoft is a huge fan of accessory spending. To go alongside their £220 storage expansion, and expensive headsets.

15. chroniclard

Capodecina

They must last a long time to justify twice the price! Mine last about 2 weeks, granted I dont play constantly. :p

16. chrcoluk

Soldato

Why would it be useless?

In June there will still be many Xbox one and Xbox 360 games you can play on it, and probably a few dozen Xbox Series games you cant play. I expect there is still many Xbox one games in development as well.

Depends on the mindset really, some people out there think only the newest games matter, whilst people like me spend 95% of gaming time playing old classics, with just the odd new game thrown in.

17. chrcoluk

Soldato

do you have an exact link to the charger please, thanks.

18. CHokKA

Mobster

Sure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086QJD..._fabt1_dlC_EPMSFbTY8M6SS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Price has come down a bit. There's a cable but no power adapter with it but it can be charged from any micro-USB or USB-C power adapter. I use my fire tablet chargers with it as I have about 5 lying around. I like the visual notification on the charger to let you know the capacity of the batteries.

19. Robert

Capodecina

Think you need to look at the cost of 1tb NVME storage, it ain’t cheap. Add to that, the MS solution is far neater...you only have to look their current ssd solution

20. CHokKA

Mobster

How much longer do they last? I can charge up my EBL batteries and they can sit in the little case they come in for ages and still have charge when they're needed. They last about 40 - 50 hours in my Xbox pads, and I have three pads in use most of the time.

I ended up buying an extra 8 batteries and in total I paid just over £30. Not bad tbh.

I've also got Amazon Basics batteries and they seem to last the same. I can charge them all in the EBL charger as well which is nice :)