Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just had a thought guys..

before my Xbox went dead, I came home, installed the 1tb memory card then tried it I power the Xbox on.

So my question is, is it possible installing the SSD has caused my series X to pack in?

Surely not?

Soldato
All this talk of rechargeable batteries etc-

Why not just get the £20 venom twin charger?

Its great. Two docks, two batteries, no need for faffing with taking batteries in and out and charging them etc.

Because for around that same price I can use the batteries for other devices as well.

Soldato
I picked up the Orzly duo charge Dock. Charges both my series x controller and ps5 controller on the same Dock. Makes it pretty easy to keep both charged.

Soldato
thanks, sucks that the one that comes with AA batteries is £7 more expensive :(

Also seems silly to not provide a plug with a charger. I dont have any spare so would need to buy one, but I added it to list to give it consideration.

What do you mean £7 more expensive? They're £22.39. Do you mean more expensive than the AAA batteries and charger kit? The AA batteries are more than twice the capacity of the AAA batteries so the cost is higher, but I said £24 in my original post and it's still cheaper than that.

I'm quite surprised that you have no extra charge adapters lying around. I've got 3 old iPad adapters, four iPhone adapters, about 8 Amazon device adapters and cables, and probably about five other misc adapters that I've gathered over the years. It's rather easy to accumulate them and they can all be used interchangeably so I've kept them all around just in case. I'd also imagine you'd be able to charge the batteries directly from the Xbox Series X USB port but I've not tried that. I may have a go later to see :)

Soldato
thanks, sucks that the one that comes with AA batteries is £7 more expensive :(

Also seems silly to not provide a plug with a charger. I dont have any spare so would need to buy one, but I added it to list to give it consideration.

They have loads of different types, I bought this one on a lightning deal on prime day but tbh its not much more now. Works fine so far and stops charging when full.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011TQ0LQQ

Just have a look through the range for one that fits in your price range.

Soldato
I ordered that charger, realising what you meant was it can use usb power, so I Can hook it up to pc, so thats fine.

I am probably different to most on here, since I use my console at my PC, I am in close proximity, so I dont care about using wired controllers, and didnt really want the hassle of swapping batteries, but if I have spare batteries in a charger right next to me charged via PC usb, its less of an issue.

How much was it on your deal? Curious how much I am been ripped off. Seems to be no deals at the moment, I guess a bad time to buy stuff due to covid.

Caporegime
Just had a thought guys..

before my Xbox went dead, I came home, installed the 1tb memory card then tried it I power the Xbox on.

So my question is, is it possible installing the SSD has caused my series X to pack in?

Surely not?
Unlikely but as with electronic items, there will be a few that will be duff. Just the way it is I guess.

Soldato
Whilst I remember, to those who managed to talk to microsoft about extended warranty, if you did it on web chat, what steps did you follow, or if you rang them, whats the phone number? Struggling to find this on their website. As like many companies they try to hide it as to make people follow automated FAQs instead.

Soldato
Whilst I remember, to those who managed to talk to microsoft about extended warranty, if you did it on web chat, what steps did you follow, or if you rang them, whats the phone number? Struggling to find this on their website. As like many companies they try to hide it as to make people follow automated FAQs instead.

I got them on call back, took about an hour but they did call..

Soldato
I ordered that charger, realising what you meant was it can use usb power, so I Can hook it up to pc, so thats fine.

I am probably different to most on here, since I use my console at my PC, I am in close proximity, so I dont care about using wired controllers, and didnt really want the hassle of swapping batteries, but if I have spare batteries in a charger right next to me charged via PC usb, its less of an issue.

How much was it on your deal? Curious how much I am been ripped off. Seems to be no deals at the moment, I guess a bad time to buy stuff due to covid.

I didn't get a deal, I paid £24 for the charger and 8 batteries. I was happy with that given that 8 batteries on their own cost £14. Why do you feel ripped off? Wasn't it £22.39 for the charger and 8 AA batteries for you? That's an awesome deal.

Soldato

I've tried several times to do the warranty and each person I've spoke with hasn't been able to apply it yet, saying there's been an issue and that it isn't available in the UK yet. I don't know who these people at MS are that have been saying they can do it, but I suspect they're saying that they can but if they were to try it then it won't work. Has anyone actually successfully added Microsoft Complete to their console purchase?

Soldato
I have the 1tb storage expansion and had no issues. I do wish it would just combine with the system storage and be one big drive but hey ho can’t have everything....lol

Soldato

Oh, i almost forgot about this. Need to do it myself

Back
Top Bottom