1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** Xbox Series X|S - £449/£249 - launches 10th November ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ic1male, 9 Jun 2019.

Tags:
?

Which will you buy?

1. Series X

431 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. Series S

75 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Not interested

212 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. Both

16 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. kkelly

Mobster

I've been getting this too was assassin's creed, always mid fight, but not always :(

2. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

If it’s just the sound bar I would bother with either. The emulated surround sound doesn’t work well at all.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2020
  3. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Is anyone else getting the lag with Dolby Audio on LG oled tv’s using E-Arc ? I get it with any of the Dolby formats inc atmos. Using either lpcm or dts it’s fine.....

Atmos sounds amazing but the sound is a tiny bit after the action on screen cannot find a way to adjust it only to make it later if that makes sense.

4. eyetrip

Sgarrista

I noticed some audio lag. But I thought these TV's didn't support DTS in any way - not even for passthrough. Now I need to find time to try.

I can't even do PCM,as my AVR doesn't support eARC, so don't think I can get anything over plain old dolby

5. hardkore

Mobster

My nano86 also has a tiny bit of a delay and it doesn't support dts unfortunately. The delay feels like 80-100ms behind the action. It's just enough to notice if you're listening for it but given how good it sounds I'll keep using it for now.

6. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

My TV is the C9 which has DTS. It was removed on CX probably to save money.

I’m using lpcm uncompressed 7.1 for now as the delay really bothers me. Playing COD it’s really noticeable. Strange it’s only in anything Dolby audio and fine with lpcm or dts. Everything played through the tv is fine using Atmos and I’m pretty sure my Apple TV 4K was ok too...

7. eyetrip

Sgarrista

yeah, LG really made some bum moves going from 9 to X series. Removal of DTS, not as bright as previous years (for BX at least). Silly me assuming things only got better, didn't read much about the down sides of the BX. Though to be fair, there was almost nothing out there in detailed reviews around the time.

Still, I do like the BX. Everything just looks so much nicer. It so painful going back to the IPS screen in bedroom :/

8. BEN_UK

Mobster

Think I'm gonna upgrade my C8 OLED 65" to a new CX model.

HDMI 2.1 with all the other good stuff VRR etc

Then wait for a below 30" HDMI 2.1 monitor to release for the office

9. chrismscotland

Mobster

Be interesting to see what happens to the pound; personally I'm buying any electronics I want this side of Christmas

10. rickjames

Mobster

Update for Halo MCC out now with 4k120FPS support

11. steve5424

Wise Guy

12. Matson

Mobster

I was thinking about doing the same but with the vrr gamma issue I might just wait till the new oled models next year and see what they offer.

13. BMox81

Wise Guy

Is it too early to say that I think the Series X is an amazing console already?

Load times, graphics, everything is just awesome.

14. kevlar69

Gangster

I have a 65" Samsung Q9FN which does VRR, 120HZ but only at 1080p ( 4k/60 ), low latency mode etc. Series X plugged directly into the TV's box, then sound via ARC to Denon AVR-X3500H. Atmos doesn't work but that doesn't matter as I haven't bought any height speakers yet. Works great with DTS/DD but I really notice the audio lag with COD Warzone, I haven't noticed it playing anything else. I have the X connected to the TV not the Denon AVR because there was something that didn't work doing it the other way, I forget what now, might have been VRR.

15. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

It just needs some NEW games.
    Also the controller still sucks, if you have big hands that controller has some weird sharp bits where its pieced together.
    but yes both consoles are great pieces of engineering, but aint anyone going to care about that in a years time unless they start getting some exclusive's out the door

16. Puzzled

Sgarrista

Noticed that on mine as well, the join on the bottom left digs in to your hand.

17. rickjames

Mobster

Despite my issue with the controller that I'm sending back, I still find it to be an incredibly comfortable bit of kit to use. Compared the OG Xbox days, it's a treat...

18. BEN_UK

Mobster

Ok I need to look into this. Thanks for heads up

19. McPhee

Soldato

Massive exploit doing the round on CoD: Cold War. The Xbox store discounts the cross-gen bundle to £5 if you own the Xbox One version. It also let's you gift two copies of the cross-gen bundle at the same £5 price. And the bundle includes the Xbox One version.

Or to put it another way, you can nab three copies of the game for about £70 (or £15, if you feel like chancing a refund on the original copy).

20. chrcoluk

Soldato

Price hikes are a given with Brexit, if we dont get tariff free on imports with EU.