Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
You beat me by a femto second, you *!*!*!*

There might be more later, it went in stock and then out of stock quickly, I missed that. Then 20 minutes later it was in stock again and I managed to get one.

Keep an eye on Argos tonight as well, rumour on Stock Informer website that they might get stock today, but take that with a pinch of salt.

Soldato
It's been bad before but I think due to covid and places closing for weeks and months on end it's the worst I've seen it. I was surprised when they announced it would still be this year and not next after the year we have had.

The more people have consoles before Xmas and during lockdown the more digital sales maybe

Caporegime
Next console launch we need to get organised so no one from ocuk misses out or has to pay scalpers prices.
Lol how you going to do that?? It’s on the websites to deal with the scalpers and not on consumers or a forum.
A Captcha of some sort would have probably helped, none of the websites that I used had one for placing orders on pre order day. Or do what Currys did and put the price up by a few thousand then let people order and as long as they can prove it’s for them only then send out a special code to reduce price to the selling point.
I was quite fortunate that the second wave a few weeks back for pre orders I managed to nab one from Game even though at 8am they said there was no stock, tried the others but again either sold out or crashed. I left it for a few hrs, came back at 11am to try once more and finally managed to nab one from game which I was quite surprised and shocked.

Caporegime
Next console launch we need to get organised so no one from ocuk misses out or has to pay scalpers prices.

I have never bothered with pre-ordering yet always crumble on launch day and hunt the stores and ring up for stock. I think the last thing I pre-ordered was the original Nintendo DS. I think sadistically I enjoy the hunt more but this time around the stores have been closed so no such luck leaving everything for scalpers. If shops do open on the 2nd of December I would bet my bottom dollar they will have stock in stores to get people out of the house.

Soldato
Questions been asked why their S coverage came so late. I think I may skip this one though as I am realising DF care about the wrong things for me, they over emphasise on graphics.

I was watching the WD footage thinking "OK. I can see the difference. But... would I even notice?".

Only three things put me off:
1. Storage.
2. The lack of meaningful enhancement for most Xbox One titles. Right now, that means it isn't really a huge upgrade from One S. Not to the extend that the Series X is over One X, anyway.
3. Concerns over how well supported it's going to be when it comes to third-party titles. I expect Microsoft will spend time optimising for Series S. But will others? Or will they just to a quick hack job on the Series X/PS5 versions and then say "that'll do"?

Back
Top Bottom