• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's 100% the engine. It very poorly utilises GCN, as anyone with a Polaris or Vega card can attest to. It's even worse in Wildlands/Breakpoint (same engine), though at least in the latter they gave it Vulkan and that helped out a bit. Once they make the jump to being fully on next-gen only you should absolutely see a very different type of AC (visually). This one's just gonna be Odyssey 2.0, same jump as that did from Origins (i.e. not much at all).

Mind you, they might still not push 60 fps in the future. Native 4K or ray tracing for that sort of an open world game is simply going to be very taxing. So it's either those kind of better visuals at 30 fps OR some reconstructed 4K like what Massive's doing with great success in The Division 2.

I wouldn't expect to see any radical departures for games before 2022 though. These things just take a long time to make & there's always market considerations butting in as well.

Soldato
I think Godfall on the PS5 and PC is one of the only next gen games only.

You can tell by the visuals but have I haven't seen any info on the performance on it yet.

Soldato
The Medium is also next gen only

So is Scorn.

Doubt there will be a huge number of next-gen only games though. ~150 million current-gen consoles is a huge market to turn away from. The shift didn't happen immediately last time round either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got asked to check Scorn out and it has me interested. Think it's a first person horror survival? Looks an awful like the concept art from the Alien franchise.
If it was a 3rd person like dead space I would have been all over it.

Soldato
Got asked to check Scorn out and it has me interested. Think it's a first person horror survival? Looks an awful like the concept art from the Alien franchise.
If it was a 3rd person like dead space I would have been all over it.

The art is taken from the work of HR Giger which was the same as Aliens

Soldato
Microsoft the ever vigilant perpetrator of fake trailers/gameplay does it again, with Scorn developer today confirming that it's "Series X" trailers shown so far were actually all running on a RTX2080ti PC

Back
Top Bottom