• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Nothing as of yet ill keep an eye out. Ordered a venom twin charge docking station as well, harder to get hold of than I thought.

Yeah they are quite hard to get, was looking when I received my Series X and ended up reading rechargeable batteries and charger were better long term so went with that option.

Now just waiting on the Turtle Beach 700 Stealth Gen2 to come back into stock and i'll be good.

Caporegime
Anyone having a problem with controllers not reconnecting after changing batteries whilst the console is on? I need to hard reset the console.

1. playing game, controller dies
2. Add new batteries
3. Press controller Xbox button to turn on and it just flashes
4. Second controller does the same
5. Connecting with a cable it still just flashes

:confused::confused:

Soldato
Got the new insider update now (delta channel), tested the instant on shutdown and powered up ok this morning.

Reason I tested it as they put in the notes that an issue was fixed for standby mode.

Soldato
The Xbox One had instant on from first release. Instant resume was only for the last game played however, and only when instant on was enabled. Or are you talking about something else :confused:

I've always had instant on, on for the instant resume. But it sounds like for the Series X/S I won't need to do that anymore. I'd rather have it in eco mode if I can still have instant resume?

Yeah the instant resume thing in games I meant sorry.

Soldato
Yes you can still have quick resume in eco mode.

I still havent seen instructions on how this works.

if I exit a game to the dash, load another game, the first game has to be loaded again, likewise if I shutdown the console, the game has to be loaded, there is no indicators etc. on if it is active or not.

Given the amount of on screen guides that dev's love to do now days it is really surprising there is non for quick resume.

Permabanned
Anyone having a problem with controllers not reconnecting after changing batteries whilst the console is on? I need to hard reset the console.

1. playing game, controller dies
2. Add new batteries
3. Press controller Xbox button to turn on and it just flashes
4. Second controller does the same
5. Connecting with a cable it still just flashes

:confused::confused:

Not when changing batteries but have had similar when the next day or next time you want to turn on the console the controller wont connect, yet does turn on the console. Have to hard reset.

Caporegime
I still havent seen instructions on how this works.

if I exit a game to the dash, load another game, the first game has to be loaded again, likewise if I shutdown the console, the game has to be loaded, there is no indicators etc. on if it is active or not.

Given the amount of on screen guides that dev's love to do now days it is really surprising there is non for quick resume.
It should just work but not every game supports it, AC:Unity just gave me a black screen on resume for example.

Associate
Seen this under my order so it'll be before the 31st. Just got to keep checking my emails.

If you successfully ordered an Xbox Series X or S on Thursday 7th January your order will be delivered by the 15th January if you selected Priority Insured Delivery and, by the 22nd January for all other delivery options.

Man of Honour
Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden HDR is greyed out in the options menus of AC and WD - the logo isn’t appearing on my Samsung tv either, only if I play Netflix. Has HDR disabled itself somehow? I know there’s been a Samsung update recent, did it break it?

Man of Honour
Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden HDR is greyed out in the options menus of AC and WD - the logo isn’t appearing on my Samsung tv either, only if I play Netflix. Has HDR disabled itself somehow? I know there’s been a Samsung update recent, did it break it?

Auto HDR breaks most games so it seems to be deactivated on some of them.

Man of Honour
The option is literally greyed out and it the icon doesn’t appear if I press info. It’s bizarre, it works fine in Netflix and Disney plus apps through the Xbox. I’ve tried vrr on and off, hdr is enabled in the Xbox settings. I’ve restarted the Xbox. I’m at a complete loss. It used to work?

I’ve read that some people say that currently 120hz breaks it. Perhaps I’ll try switching to 60hz which is meant to fix it. Not that I’m sure how to do that. Maybe I’ll just wait for a fix.

Edit: yup, works at 60hz. I assume the last Samsung update broke something.

Not just me at least:

https://allhomecinema.com/samsung-tvs-bug-makes-4k-120hz-with-hdr-from-ps5-impossible/

Last edited:
Soldato
Couple quick questions.

Might be getting other half to try console to get away from headache of pc gaming.

What I'm wondering is, i have gamepass. Will i be able to share my access with them? Or would they require a subscription themselves?

So, if for example i gave them my xbox one to try on for now, with my series x set as home xbox, is there any way to link? Without them using my login?

Soldato
Ok, so if i were giving them the xbox one, id have to log into my account, set that as 'home'.

Then i could carry on in my account on the sx and we'd both have access to all gamepass stuff?

Soldato
Yep then she logs in as her profile on your Xbox one, giving her access to your sub on there. You just log in to the series X as yourself and will have access to all on there too.

Back
Top Bottom