Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

ljt

ljt

Soldato
It is random.

it happened on the Xbox series x cable and also on the zeskit cable I’ve just installed (certified ultra high speed)

So your setup is Xbox >hdmi> TV > hdmi > Amp ?

Could you try connecting your Xbox direct to a different TV/Monitor and see if it does the same with both the cables you have?

Associate
55"-65" I think. Anything more, I'd absolutely have to wall mount it as it would be too wide for my stand (to fit inside my speakers)

Not against doing that, but it would be a proper pain as solid brick wall etc.
A little bigger than your requirements, but have you considered the Philips 70PUS9005 for £779? Cheaper if you canb go through Quidco and buy discounted vouchers through an employee benefit scheme.
Lovely 70" TV with 4 sided ambilight with google TV operating system - it's not OLED or 4k120Hz, but then it's half the price!

Soldato
So your setup is Xbox >hdmi> TV > hdmi > Amp ?

Could you try connecting your Xbox direct to a different TV/Monitor and see if it does the same with both the cables you have?

my setup was all devices into soundbar and soundbar to tv via hdmi arc

I have just tried the Xbox direct to tv and for he brief time it seemed ok. I’ve since reverted back to all devices into amp and have replaced the cable between tv and amp, however the issue still occurs. Will try the Xbox direct to tv method again for a longer duration. Bit annoying really.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
my setup was all devices into soundbar and soundbar to tv via hdmi arc

I have just tried the Xbox direct to tv and for he brief time it seemed ok. I’ve since reverted back to all devices into amp and have replaced the cable between tv and amp, however the issue still occurs. Will try the Xbox direct to tv method again for a longer duration. Bit annoying really.

It could be some sort of HDMI-CEC handshake issue. As you say, try it direct to TV for a bit just to rule out the Xbox itself.

Associate
A little bigger than your requirements, but have you considered the Philips 70PUS9005 for £779? Cheaper if you canb go through Quidco and buy discounted vouchers through an employee benefit scheme.
Lovely 70" TV with 4 sided ambilight with google TV operating system - it's not OLED or 4k120Hz, but then it's half the price!

Yeah I saw that, but 70" needs to be mounted on the wall for me as my unit won't fit the TV and speakers. Lovely TV but needs a bit of DIY to be used to full effect.

Woohoo - got my dispatch email from Game!

Same!

Soldato
Yep, all works fine, turns all my stuff on, turns it all off when I turn the console off, can even adjust volume through Google home.
I have a feeling the flickering issue was my soundbar, as I think it’s only hdcp 1.4 (yam ysp2500).

regarding CEC, really unsure why it’s so unreliable :(

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I have a feeling the flickering issue was my soundbar, as I think it’s only hdcp 1.4 (yam ysp2500).

regarding CEC, really unsure why it’s so unreliable :(

Did going direct to TV for longer provide any more insight then?

Could you not go Xbox direct to TV and then use the ARC HDMI to your soundbar permanently?

Soldato
Did going direct to TV for longer provide any more insight then?

Could you not go Xbox direct to TV and then use the ARC HDMI to your soundbar permanently?

no flickers as of yet. AFAIK going into the soundbar gives me better quality audio than going via arc. The Dolby modes I previously had are no longer there. Whether it makes much difference is another thing...

ljt

ljt

Soldato
no flickers as of yet. AFAIK going into the soundbar gives me better quality audio than going via arc. The Dolby modes I previously had are no longer there. Whether it makes much difference is another thing...

Yeah that is a downside, you'll lose the HD audio, however I went from HD audio on my old xbox one x connected to my amp, to the new series x connected directly to my TV because my TV supports VRR and 120Hz but my amp doesn't, so I'm now having to use normal dolby, and frankly I can't tell the difference!

Soldato
Yeah that is a downside, you'll lose the HD audio, however I went from HD audio on my old xbox one x connected to my amp, to the new series x connected directly to my TV because my TV supports VRR and 120Hz but my amp doesn't, so I'm now having to use normal dolby, and frankly I can't tell the difference!
It’s frustrating really, my YSP2500 is cracking...so pretty much no chance of justifying a replacement unless it went pop.

Back
Top Bottom