1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** Xbox Series X|S - £449/£249 - launches 10th November ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ic1male, 9 Jun 2019.

Tags:
?

Which will you buy?

1. Series X

430 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. Series S

75 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Not interested

211 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Both

16 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. rdb2012

Wise Guy

I don’t have Xbox

2. dakaiez

Soldato

I just meant short term for now it's good news, they were definitely testing the waters and the response stopped them.

3. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

4. Buckster

Sgarrista

I was playing breakpoint and enjoying free trial - and it's only 8.99 so certain I'll get that amount of fun out of it but worth paying 19.99 for the ultimate edition please ?

Watched a load of YouTube videos but been so many patches etc I'm.a bit confused

5. Bishie

Wise Guy

Saw this on Reddit:

Hitman 3: SX vs PS5 vs PC equivalent settings from DF

[​IMG]

6. Plainsong

Sgarrista

I agree. No smoke without fire.

7. chrcoluk

Soldato

That has surprised me, on paper they seemed much closer.

8. dannyjo22

Caporegime

If you like horde and escape then it's really worth it. If you like versus 4v4 and are UK based, not worth it now. 5 minute plus waits for matches unless you want to play king of the hill 24/7. It's also nothing like the pace of original gears, higher speed, bouncing gnasher game. Horde and escape suffer a bit because you have to level up cards, so it stops the casual players sadly but it's excellent fun in a party.

9. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

The Series X GPU is 20% more powerful than the maximum power of the PS5 GPU, which won't always be running at its maximum power.

Gears PvP has always been a rolly polly shotgun lagfest ever since the first game. I've never played a less consistent shooter before or since, and I guess that is the result of building a game around a weapon as random as a shotgun.

10. McPhee

Soldato

To me, that image just says that Hitman 3 isn't well optimised on either platform. Based on that chart, I'd wager my modest PC, with an overclocked 5700 XT Nitro+, would beat both consoles. But going by the components in all three systems, that really shouldn't be the case.

Still too early to judge IMO. Give it a year or two.

11. budge1972

Wise Guy

Unlocking the paywall on F2P games gets a thumbs up from me but i think they should have done this ages ago.

12. chrcoluk

Soldato

I meant closer to the modern gpu's. :)

13. movingtables

Mobster

I think it's totally unacceptable that at least Microsoft don't have a pre-order program where
    you can put your name down for available stock.
    how hard would it be for them to ship 1 console to 1 address?
    they probably don't care is the answer.

14. McPhee

Soldato

Or they don't want hundreds of thousands of pre-orders to manage? Evidently nobody does, otherwise somebody would be doing it.

15. budge1972

Wise Guy

Maybe Microsoft and Sony should have given priority to current Xbox Live/PS+ subscribers first via the online stores? im betting theres a lot of buyers (scalpers) who have never even lifted up a a joypad in their lives.

16. PiKe

Caporegime

Interesting that Microsoft has backtracked on the gold price hike.

17. BlizzardX

Wise Guy

Lost the sync between the controller and the series x today. Wouldn't sync any of the other Xbox one controllers I have (got 6 of those!) either, only a full restart of the Series X did something and the controller was synced as if nothing happened... Hopefully its just a strange issue and not an underlying console hardware issue.

18. budge1972

Wise Guy

I have that problem with my Xbox one X. It loses sync after a few days for whatever reason but after a restart its ok.

19. JBeck

Mobster

I did the upgrade myself probably around two weeks ago(perhaps less), when I did so it clearly stated the offer expired in 9 days.

I don't know if it did expire and that's that, or they immediately reinstated the offer, something to check before anyone buys a shed load of Gold for sure.

20. BlizzardX

Wise Guy

Never had it before on my One X or the Series X until today... Couldn't get any controller to work, even tried a wired connection and it did nothing until the Series X was reset.