• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Amazon charger with overcharge protection plus 4 eneloops pros here. Rarely have to change them out and always have another 2 ready to go.

Was looking at the eneloops originally but decided against it as spent way to much money and had a budget. EBL's are doing me fine normally last a week or so with me playing 4-5+ hours a day currently due to being on furlough.

I'll probably pick up some of the Ikea ones when i'm next there, apparently rebranded eneloops.

Soldato
EBL charger it is junk for me dakaiez, batteries are fine once I can manage to charge them. If I put in the batteries it will get to the 2nd middle part flashing and stay there forever, I then have to take out batteries and put back in for it to eventually charge and even then it takes 6 hours minimum. Really to me a proper charger is its done rapidly within 30 minutes or so.

--

Ok guys just found what I thought was a big issue, and lost some hours on save.

Basically a console update was due, and the save option in the game got greyed out as if there is a online requirement, clip here..

https://streamable.com/ok2o73

Can see when I tried to stay offline, it wouldnt let me save, and when I went online it forced me out of the game, however after I made the clip it quick resumed (the first time I ever seen this feature worked). So in this case I am ok. But was scary.

Update

save in game still greyed out after quick resume and online.

Soldato
EBL charger it is junk for me dakaiez, batteries are fine once I can manage to charge them. If I put in the batteries it will get to the 2nd middle part flashing and stay there forever, I then have to take out batteries and put back in for it to eventually charge and even then it takes 6 hours minimum. Really to me a proper charger is its done rapidly within 30 minutes or so.

Maybe contact EBL? My charger doesn't do that and fully charges my batteries in a couple of hours.

Soldato
Maybe contact EBL? My charger doesn't do that and fully charges my batteries in a couple of hours.

If they have a uk number I mgiht try, right now after replacing all 4, the first 2 charged, but the 2nd two are still flashing middle bar, at this point they been in for 10 hours, so probably need to take out the last 2 and put them back in again.

I do wonder if the batteries are actually charged and it might just be a display issue but either way its a rough experience. Because I know if I take out batteries showing as charged and put them right back in, it shows as 50% charge again immediately.

I personally find this way more inconvenient than have a cable connected though, bear in mind I sit a foot at most away from the console..

Soldato
If they have a uk number I mgiht try, right now after replacing all 4, the first 2 charged, but the 2nd two are still flashing middle bar, at this point they been in for 10 hours, so probably need to take out the last 2 and put them back in again.

I do wonder if the batteries are actually charged and it might just be a display issue but either way its a rough experience. Because I know if I take out batteries showing as charged and put them right back in, it shows as 50% charge again immediately.

I personally find this way more inconvenient than have a cable connected though, bear in mind I sit a foot at most away from the console..

Yeah that's weird and totally the opposite experience i've had with my EBL's since getting the Series X around New Years.

If you've got them through Amazon ask for a replacement they are normally very very good.

Soldato
I do wonder if its an issue with power draw in usb ports I am trying? I have it in a usb port on my cyberpower UPS, maybe the power been fed is a too low or something, all 4 are charged now but when I next use it I will try it on either a charger or usb3 port.

Soldato
I do wonder if its an issue with power draw in usb ports I am trying? I have it in a usb port on my cyberpower UPS, maybe the power been fed is a too low or something, all 4 are charged now but when I next use it I will try it on either a charger or usb3 port.

I use the adapter and cable I use to charge my Samsung S10+ and not one problem.

Caporegime

--

Mine has this exact issue, now you mention it. But I've only charged the batteries 3-4 times so was not certain if it was consistently doing it. But reading your post it's definitely the same. I use the same lenovo 65w usb-c charger that is used for 2 laptops and a phone which all charge at correct speeds.

Can anyone recommend me a charger that would be better? Undecided if I would just get a better charger, requests replacement or just buy the play and charge kit!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BNC6D1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_CNF1GX7Z974RTWNMN6AH

This is the exact one I have.

rp2000

Associate
Mine has this exact issue, now you mention it. But I've only charged the batteries 3-4 times so was not certain if it was consistently doing it. But reading your post it's definitely the same. I use the same lenovo 65w usb-c charger that is used for 2 laptops and a phone which all charge at correct speeds.

Can anyone recommend me a charger that would be better? Undecided if I would just get a better charger, requests replacement or just buy the play and charge kit!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BNC6D1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_CNF1GX7Z974RTWNMN6AH

rp2000
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086QJN...abc_299EJK7R4FMZZAMVDQYK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This is the charger the OH got me for Christmas and I use it with an Anker 28W charger and haven't noticed any issues.

Soldato

--

Ok guys just found what I thought was a big issue, and lost some hours on save.

Basically a console update was due, and the save option in the game got greyed out as if there is a online requirement, clip here..

https://streamable.com/ok2o73

Can see when I tried to stay offline, it wouldnt let me save, and when I went online it forced me out of the game, however after I made the clip it quick resumed (the first time I ever seen this feature worked). So in this case I am ok. But was scary.

Update

save in game still greyed out after quick resume and online.

Yeah my EBL charger is great. I don't have issues like that. Howcome you've persevered for so long without asking for a replacement from Amazon? I'd have been in touch right away if it wasn't working as intended. You do have a right to something that works properly so definitely get a new one sorted asap.

Last edited:
Soldato

rp2000

That's the exact one I have, although haven't experience what you've said well maybe just haven't noticed it yet.

Back
Top Bottom