• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah my EBL charger is great. I don't have issues like that. Howcome you've persevered for so long without asking for a replacement from Amazon? I'd have been in touch right away if it wasn't working as intended. You do have a right to something that works properly so definitely get a new one sorted asap.

I think I have done maybe 3 or 4 charging sessions, the batteries do last a while once charged, I charge 4 at a time, with 8 total its one charge per 4 cycles, and I also used it wired for a long time as well. Sometimes you dont know if its just a bad product or a fault as well, so its a case of not been bothered enough to exchange it I suppose.

Soldato
That's a good question I'm not sure on that one. Perhaps because it's cancelled, and you've never actually had Xbox live, then the offer for £1 might work.

I think the cheapest way to get Xbox live is using a VPN to buy it from a foreign Microsoft store, but I've never tried that way. I just used to get it via a UK CD key site like cdkeys for about £30-40, so for around £70 I got myself 2 years of ultimate which didn't seem bad considering the amount of games you get to choose from.

I can live with that considering the amount of games like you say

If I get ultimate, that includes Gold and I read you get up to 4 free games a month, do you know if they are to keep and how do you get notified that are available or do you have to remember to look?

Thanks

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I can live with that considering the amount of games like you say

If I get ultimate, that includes Gold and I read you get up to 4 free games a month, do you know if they are to keep and how do you get notified that are available or do you have to remember to look?

Thanks

The free games are yours to keep forever, even if you decide to stop your subscription.

There are a few ways to see what the games are on the Xbox itself.

Generally there is an advert on the dashboard

You can also pin games with gold to your dashboard and check them there

I think you can also see them in the "manage games" settings menu.

They are also mentioned on twitter and most gaming news sites

Soldato
The free games are yours to keep forever, even if you decide to stop your subscription.

There are a few ways to see what the games are on the Xbox itself.

Generally there is an advert on the dashboard

You can also pin games with gold to your dashboard and check them there

I think you can also see them in the "manage games" settings menu.

They are also mentioned on twitter and most gaming news sites

Excellent thanks I think Ultimate is the way to go.

If you have anymore time could you let me know if any site or Twitter feeds to follow for the heads up on the freebies and also just general stuff Inc YouTube channels etc

I need to clean out all the PC stuff I've been following and I don't know which Xbox stuff is worth following

Thanks again

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Excellent thanks I think Ultimate is the way to go.

If you have anymore time could you let me know if any site or Twitter feeds to follow for the heads up on the freebies and also just general stuff Inc YouTube channels etc

I need to clean out all the PC stuff I've been following and I don't know which Xbox stuff is worth following

Thanks again

On twitter I sub to;

@XBOX
@xboxuk
@majornelson
@XboxP3
@XboxGamePass

The only one on youtube I sub to is Xbox On

Soldato
Free code for 40% off xbox game pass for anyone who wants it. Needs to be used within 14 days.

G6F9-4PXXUC-YZGAB6

"purchase an Xbox Game Pass for PC (3 Month Membership) for only £14.39 (instead of £23.99)"

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just tried out Wreckfest via Gamepass, its pretty fun, I used to enjoy destruction Derby back in the day. It's a shame its only 4k30, i'll play it some more if it gets at least a 60fps update for Series X.

The other races I've currently got installed:-

Dirt 5
Dirt Rally 2.0
Forza Horizon 4
Forza Motorsport 7
Ride 4

They all feel so much better to play with the higher frame rates.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
How important is it to have VRR on a TV?

Only you can answer that really as it's down to the individual.

For me personally it was important because I came from PC gaming on a G-sync monitor, so I've used VRR for years now. I noticed V-sync (or more precisely when it dropped v-sync) stutter on consoles when a few frames were dropped, now that can be eliminated and I don't notice it on the series X now that both that and my TV support it.

Soldato
I've just tried out Wreckfest via Gamepass, its pretty fun, I used to enjoy destruction Derby back in the day. It's a shame its only 4k30, i'll play it some more if it gets at least a 60fps update for Series X.

Dirt 5
Dirt Rally 2.0
Forza Horizon 4
Forza Motorsport 7
Ride 4

horizon 4 is such a good game, it’s the one that I always go back to as its easy to pick up and put down. Really hope a sequel gets announced this year

Man of Honour

Dirt 5
Dirt Rally 2.0
Forza Horizon 4
Forza Motorsport 7
Ride 4

I couldn’t play wreckfest for more than about 5 seconds. I struggle with anything at 30fps. I’ll probably play many titles again once they are raised to 60fps. Think I’ll try motorsport next while I wait for dirt 5 on game pass.

How important is it to have VRR on a TV?

For some games it seriously smoothes them out, others you just don’t notice.

horizon 4 is such a good game, it’s the one that I always go back to as its easy to pick up and put down. Really hope a sequel gets announced this year

Indeed, it’s effortless to jump back into and is a solid game.

Soldato
I lost interest in Dirt 5 (I might see if the patches improved it), its super arcade, unlike Dirt 4 or the 2x Rally versions of Dirt.

I picked up Dirt 2.0 Rally complete edition (the one with all dlc) in a sale for about £8, it is excellent even without a Series X patch @ 4k60.

Soldato
That’s not what I ment. I think they killed the one x on purpose. But due to the pandemic they had no real growth in new gen. So they’ve lost out on potential people who might have still fallen back on old gen due to lack of supply.

I doubt Microsoft would benefit from continuing to manufacture the XOX if there is a constraint on manufacturers for current gen consoles (in fact there is a constraint on all kinds of chip manufacturing across multiple industries).

Diverting resources to XOX would simply mean less towards the manufacture of the XSX or XSS. Manufacturing the XSS is simpler as it's pretty much lower binned SoC to that of of the XSX (lower clocked and fewer CU's) rather than the XOX which is a completely different SoC and would need it's own dedicated production lines.

Soldato
I doubt Microsoft would benefit from continuing to manufacture the XOX if there is a constraint on manufacturers for current gen consoles (in fact there is a constraint on all kinds of chip manufacturing across multiple industries).

Diverting resources to XOX would simply mean less towards the manufacture of the XSX or XSS. Manufacturing the XSS is simpler as it's pretty much lower binned SoC to that of of the XSX (lower clocked and fewer CU's) rather than the XOX which is a completely different SoC and would need it's own dedicated production lines.

I disagree. Nvidia is going back to pascal chips to help lower end markets.

Soldato
I disagree. Nvidia is going back to pascal chips to help lower end markets.
I don't want to go off thread but how does this make any difference? People still struggle to get a 3000 series card as they are being snapped up just as quick as people buying an XSX/PS5. Production isn't meeting demand for either console or the majority of people wanting to buy a 3000 series card.

Either way, the XOX is dead. Having skipped the XO and gone straight to the XOX from my 360, Microsoft were right to have made this mid generation SKU but to continue to support it with two current gen SKUs would be a hinderance. Support for games is all but rubber stamped to end in a few years. I'm sure that availability of the current gen's is more of a priority than any of the last gen SKUs for either Microsoft or Sony.

Soldato
This isn't true. You keep the 360 games and can play them without an active subscription, but not the Xbox One games, you "keep" them forever (unlike gamepass games which come and go), but cannot play them without an active subscription. So if you cancel, you'll lose them, but if you then renew a bit later, they'll be back on your account again. @Relentless81 make sure you're happy with that distinction.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
This isn't true. You keep the 360 games and can play them without an active subscription, but not the Xbox One games, you "keep" them forever (unlike gamepass games which come and go), but cannot play them without an active subscription. So if you cancel, you'll lose them, but if you then renew a bit later, they'll be back on your account again. @Relentless81 make sure you're happy with that distinction.

Has that changed in the last few years then? I'm sure I was able to play xbox one games I got through gold even when my sub had expired. That was a long long time ago though

Caporegime
OP
Has that changed in the last few years then? I'm sure I was able to play xbox one games I got through gold even when my sub had expired. That was a long long time ago though

That’s never been the case, only OG+360 games as said. I bet long time members have got a really nice library of 360 games.

Back
Top Bottom