• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Wreckfest seems to crash back to the home screen on my series X. Quick Google says to unplug any USB devices but I've not got anything plugged in.

I didn't have any problems with Wreckfest on my series X. I played the game for maybe a couple of hours, winning all the races in the first league, then getting to driver level 10 (for my 3rd achievement for the weekly reward).

I only have a USB NVME drive plugged into my console.

Soldato
I didn't have any problems with Wreckfest on my series X. I played the game for maybe a couple of hours, winning all the races in the first league, then getting to driver level 10 (for my 3rd achievement for the weekly reward).

I only have a USB NVME drive plugged into my console.

Only game there seems to be a problem with. It goes to the main screen saying press A to start.

As soon as I do That's it's back to home screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
stock anywhere?

The way I got one last week was to follow all the PS5 and series X stock alert accounts on Twitter they tweet who is expected to drop that day so sign up at whoever it is (in my case it was Very) and get your card details ready to copy and paste and then it's a case of refreshing the page for the rest of the day

Don't rely on the tweet to say they have dropped they are too slow and you'll miss it

Soldato
Sorry in advance noob questions -

With the instant on power setting do you need to uncheck the turn off storage check box for downloads to continue when the Xbox is off?

With the instant on setting I can press the power button and it looks like it's off but really it's on standby?

How do you monitor the download queue of games from the app when the Xbox is off I can't see it anywhere so assuming it's not possible?

Is the home screen background meant to be grey? I can't tell if my monitor needs configuring as it's new and it's meant to be black?

Cheers

Associate
Sorry in advance noob questions -

With the instant on power setting do you need to uncheck the turn off storage check box for downloads to continue when the Xbox is off?

With the instant on setting I can press the power button and it looks like it's off but really it's on standby?

How do you monitor the download queue of games from the app when the Xbox is off I can't see it anywhere so assuming it's not possible?

Is the home screen background meant to be grey? I can't tell if my monitor needs configuring as it's new and it's meant to be black?

Cheers

I can answer two of those:

If you have games installed on an external drive you will need to uncheck that option to allow automatic updates to be made to games on that drive when the console is off in standby mode. Games on the internal drive will be updated regardless.

In instant on mode the console will look to all intents and purposes to be off but it is still periodically checking for console and game updates. This uses a bit more power than eco mode, I believe it's 13w for instant on and 0.5w for eco mode but don't quote me on that!

Last edited:
Soldato
I can answer two of those:

If you have games installed on an external drive you will need to uncheck that option to allow automatic updates to be made to games on that drive when the console is off in standby mode. Games on the internal drive will be updated regardless.

In instant on mode the console will look to all intents and purposes to be off but it is still periodically checking for console and game updates. This uses a bit more power than eco mode, I believe it's 13w for instant on and 0.5w for eco mode but don't quote me on that!

Ok thanks, when I powered it back on I got a notification that the game had installed but it had to be powered back on to know the app didn't update to say the game was installed until it was powered back on

Just noticed the fan is staying on as well when powered off, I've just gaming for a couple of hours so don't know if it's cooling down and the fan will go off but a quick Google says it can stay on for hours which is no good in a bedroom might have to switch to eco mode instead

Bit confused with gamepass ultimate too, I don't how to tell if a game is part of gamepass or if I'll get charged if I download it, star wars squadrons for example, Google says it's not part of gamepass, but then other results say it is but for a limited time, anything obvious that I'm missing here?

Back
Top Bottom