• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Ok....this is naughty.... I was always under the assumption if you don’t have a gold sub any old Xbox 360 games run without gold........

but I’ve tried to play old games with ms down and it won’t play them..... that’s a BIG fk up.... and these are games I have on the drive.

So basically, if you can’t sign in.... you can’t get the free games.....

which means if ms cancel the online sign in.. even if you have the games on your hard drive.... you can’t play them.

that’s a huge implication

I had the same last night on my xbox one, the 360 games on the hdd that I bought wouldn't run! Bad really, if we've have bought them, there should be no reason why they shouldn't run. Drm I suppose?

Soldato
Ok....this is naughty.... I was always under the assumption if you don’t have a gold sub any old Xbox 360 games run without gold........

but I’ve tried to play old games with ms down and it won’t play them..... that’s a BIG fk up.... and these are games I have on the drive.

So basically, if you can’t sign in.... you can’t get the free games.....

which means if ms cancel the online sign in.. even if you have the games on your hard drive.... you can’t play them.

that’s a huge implication

You can play them. Just set your console to the "Go Offline" option and they will load. Last night's outage was causing profiles to have some loss of functionality of account sign-in but I was able to load all my games when I went into settings and set my account to offline.

Associate
You can play them. Just set your console to the "Go Offline" option and they will load. Last night's outage was causing profiles to have some loss of functionality of account sign-in but I was able to load all my games when I went into settings and set my account to offline.

Ahh, didn't know that. Thank you, that's handy to know

Soldato
Ahh, didn't know that. Thank you, that's handy to know

You're welcome. My initial thought was the same as yours. I had a hunt through the settings and found the offline option, tried that and my games loaded again. I imagine it has to eventually confirm your license online after a set period of time, but at least I was able to play during last night's outage. It does highlight just how connected we are and the need for that constant connectivity just to play a game though.

Associate
You're welcome. My initial thought was the same as yours. I had a hunt through the settings and found the offline option, tried that and my games loaded again. I imagine it has to eventually confirm your license online after a set period of time, but at least I was able to play during last night's outage. It does highlight just how connected we are and the need for that constant connectivity just to play a game though.

I gave up in the end and watched tv!

Maybe MS should put something on the profile that will allow off line play, add the license in the o/s maybe? I dont ever remember having to be online all the time with the 360 just to play games?

Fortunately it doesn't happen very often, pretty good service to be honest.

Associate
I guess they only works if it’s your primary console. I tried that last night with no luck.

Same here, nothing worked! Was looking forward to playing DayZ all day, got my beer and snacks ready! Then nothing! Had to resort to watching "The Rezort" on freeview in the end!

Associate
So I never knew this.

I have two series x, one in the lounge and one in my bedroom. I have one disc verson of valhalla. I used the xbox app to dowload valhalla to the xbox upstairs without having to install from disc. Left the disc copy in the downstairs xbox, went upstairs and valhalla is playing without the need for the disc.

I guess it is because both consoles only have my profile and it knows the disc is inserted downstairs?

This must have been a glitch with the logging in issues last night as it is not doing this now, I need the disc upstairs now.

Back
Top Bottom