• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Crashes seem to be more frequent for me, I have hardly had any at all since getting the console, now I've had 2 or 3 sound lockups and crashed to dash in as many days.

Soldato
Does anyone know a good discord server for stock? Had a brilliant one for the PS5 but not the xbox.

Sold one of our xbox x consoles on ebay for £260, so I'm thinking about selling the other and picking up a series s.

Associate
It’s Klarna iirc.

yep klarna.

Finally got a response from game saying they couldn’t do anything even though it’s not due for another week or so.

I may refuse both consoles (if they are boxed separately)and start again with another retailer.

really disappointed with their customer service and speed of response, one of the suggestions was to return it to their stores where one of their friendly staff would be happy to assist...absurd

Soldato
yep klarna.

Finally got a response from game saying they couldn’t do anything even though it’s not due for another week or so.

I may refuse both consoles (if they are boxed separately)and start again with another retailer.

really disappointed with their customer service and speed of response, one of the suggestions was to return it to their stores where one of their friendly staff would be happy to assist...absurd

Ring Klarna and cancel one of the agreements? I'm sure Game will be pretty damn quick to cancel an order or collect a console from you once they realise you won't be paying for it. You have 14 days cooling off for any credit purchases so you're within your rights to cancel. You'd also be protected under distance selling regs for a return once delivery has taken place.

Associate
Ring Klarna and cancel one of the agreements? I'm sure Game will be pretty damn quick to cancel an order or collect a console from you once they realise you won't be paying for it. You have 14 days cooling off for any credit purchases so you're within your rights to cancel. You'd also be protected under distance selling regs for a return once delivery has taken place.

I did contact klarna and they told me I needed to wait 10 days - nothing about a cooling off period. Should I try again?

Caporegime
OP
Crashes seem to be more frequent for me, I have hardly had any at all since getting the console, now I've had 2 or 3 sound lockups and crashed to dash in as many days.

Yup me too. The last system software update has really mucked things up in the stability department. Mine crashes at startup now every 3rd power on or so.

Soldato
Does anyone know a good discord server for stock? Had a brilliant one for the PS5 but not the xbox.

Sold one of our xbox x consoles on ebay for £260, so I'm thinking about selling the other and picking up a series s.

I must have the luck of the Irish. Managed to get a series X at launch, a ps5 after two days of wanting one, and now a series s same day I decided to upgrade our second xbox.

If anyone wants a series s, smyths have them in stock (despite the stock alerter websites saying otherwise......arent they useless lol)

Soldato
I did contact klarna and they told me I needed to wait 10 days - nothing about a cooling off period. Should I try again?

You have a right of withdrawal under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The details on how to exercise this right (i.e. who to contact and how) should be in your contract.

EDIT: Just remembered I have a copy of the agreement from the Smyths mix-up last year:

"You have a right under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to withdraw from this Agreement without having to give any reason. To exercise your right of withdrawal you must give notice of your intention to withdraw from the Agreement before the end of 14 days beginning with the day after the day on which you receive a copy of the Agreement signed by us, unless you have received an earlier copy, in which event the 14 day period will begin on the day after the day you receive our written confirmation that the Agreement has been made on the same terms as set out in the earlier copy. You must give notice of withdrawal by telephone or in writing to our business address or by email (please see our contact details at the beginning of this Agreement). You must repay the amount of credit provided under this Agreement, together with any interest accrued from the date the credit was provided to the date you repay it, without delay and no later than 30 calendar days after giving notice of withdrawal. You must make payment to Klarna by calling +44(0)203 005 0833 and paying by debit card or by bank transfer in accordance with the instructions given to you. If you withdraw from the Agreement leaving sums outstanding we will notify credit reference agencies. Please note that withdrawing from your Agreement with us will not terminate your purchase agreement with the Supplier. Your rights in relation to your agreement with the Supplier is governed by that agreement and the legislation relating to it."

Phone them up, tell them you wish to withdraw from the agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Might also be worth writing to them at this address:

Klarna Bank AB (publ)
7th Floor, 33 Cavendish Square
London
W1G 0PW
United Kingdom

Last edited:
Soldato
I find I have increased crashes and bugs if im quick resuming a game. Iv got into the habit of quitting the game completely now. Forza in particular hates quick resume - graphic bugs, cant connect properly to online events, and will often hard crash.

Associate
I was thinking about this last night. I noticed I keep getting a notification stating "New quest ready to turn in" or something similar and it converts it to points.

Do you have to convert them every time you get the notification or lose them and what are the points for?

Yes you have to go to your profile to turn them in - open your profile page (select your profile picture in the top left of the dashboard and press A), then go to the Games tab and then on the left hand side go down to Gamepass quests, if you have any to turn in you'll see them there.
With most you'll need to turn them in before the start of the following weeks quests or they'll disappear - the new week always starts on Tuesday for some bizarre reason.

It's definitely worth doing as the points rack up fairly quickly once you get into the routine of doing the weekly and monthly ones, I've made around 100000 over the last 9 months and bought a few games in sales just with the proceeds of the points. Make sure you install the MS rewards app on your xbox as well, if you keep up with the weekly tasks on there you regularly get 2500 points every 10 weeks.

The points allow you to buy credit from MS rewards, for example 5800 points will buy you £5 of credit which you can use on anything in the Store.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes you have to go to your profile to turn them in - open your profile page (select your profile picture in the top left of the dashboard and press A), then go to the Games tab and then on the left hand side go down to Gamepass quests, if you have any to turn in you'll see them there.
With most you'll need to turn them in before the start of the following weeks quests or they'll disappear - the new week always starts on Tuesday for some bizarre reason.

It's definitely worth doing as the points rack up fairly quickly once you get into the routine of doing the weekly and monthly ones, I've made around 100000 over the last 9 months and bought a few games in sales just with the proceeds of the points. Make sure you install the MS rewards app as well on your xbox aswell, if you keep up with the weekly tasks on there you regularly get 2500 points per every 10 weeks

The points allow you to buy credit from MS rewards, for example 5800 points will buy you £5 of credit which you can use on anything in the Store

Great info thanks I'll go through it properly tonight

Back
Top Bottom