Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
There were numerous issues that taken singularly I would have overlooked

Wow, for such expensive headset, you'd not imagine it would have so many issues, but a hissing sound on its own would certainly have been enough for me to sack it off, that's for sure!

Just over a week out for the Xbox ones, and still no more details online.

I've been using my Sony XM3 headphones with a Vmoda Boompro mic plugged into my controller, and the combo is epic for sound quality. I have an issue with the Elite controller I have, as it has a dodgy headphone jack, so it's temperamental. There's scratching / feedback that drives other people, and myself, mad when I'm on comms. I've since been bluetooth'ing my headphones to my TV instead and just sacked off voice comms for now.

The odd thing I have noticed, is that spacial sounds is more accurate now in Call Of Duty while connected via BT instead :confused::confused::confused: It's obviously not bluetooth that made the difference, but wonder what it might be / whether there's some sort of "loss" when connecting to the controller? Most likely culprit is changing from Dolby Atmos sound to Windows sonic? It's strange, because on other games I could detect more accurate sounds from using Atmos.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I believe you're forced to have stereo through the controller? Always left my sound having a small soundstage when I played that way.

I get full spacial sound via Dolby Atmos using the controller. Obviously it’s ultimately a stereo signal as I only have two speakers and two ears :)

Soldato
I see Chromium Edge is in one of the new Insider builds. Supports Stadia, Luna, Geforce Now, PSNow, Shadow, etc. :D

Just needs mouse support now, to make the PC streaming services useful.

Soldato
Bethesda deal has been approved by the EU so Microsoft's acquisition is going ahead. I can't wait to see what comes to Game Pass. I've really been enjoying Doom Eternal on Game Pass so I'm hoping the Wolfenstein games make a return sometime soon!

Caporegime
OP
Bethesda deal has been approved by the EU so Microsoft's acquisition is going ahead. I can't wait to see what comes to Game Pass. I've really been enjoying Doom Eternal on Game Pass so I'm hoping the Wolfenstein games make a return sometime soon!

There's going to be some kind of special event later this month, I think, which will give us all the gubbins on what's going to happen. It's quite exciting!

Caporegime
So it seems pretty likely that Bethesda/Arkanes back catalogue and possibly even their new releases will be coming to gamepass then? Awesome if so.

Soldato
So it seems pretty likely that Bethesda/Arkanes back catalogue and possibly even their new releases will be coming to gamepass then? Awesome if so.

That would be cool, would not mind playing some off the fallout games again that I never finished, I cant remember which Fallout it was, but there was some big round camp that was like a main base, it wasn't new vegas or the latest one, anyone know which one Im talking about?

Associate
I own a PS5, Switch and PC but the idea of some of the backwards compatible games, Dead Space, Fable II ect is tempting me with a Xbox Series. Really i would want the X because of the extra power but truth be told the only thing i would play on a Xbox would be backwards games or the odd exclusive, so basically gamepass games. The S seems to be easier to get and i dont really want to be paying full price for the X for Fable II lol. My question is, is the S worth it? it seems to do the job for what i want but id always go for the higher end spec so im stuck on if i should just wait a while or pull the trigger and get a S.

Man of Honour
I own a PS5, Switch and PC but the idea of some of the backwards compatible games, Dead Space, Fable II ect is tempting me with a Xbox Series. Really i would want the X because of the extra power but truth be told the only thing i would play on a Xbox would be backwards games or the odd exclusive, so basically gamepass games. The S seems to be easier to get and i dont really want to be paying full price for the X for Fable II lol. My question is, is the S worth it? it seems to do the job for what i want but id always go for the higher end spec so im stuck on if i should just wait a while or pull the trigger and get a S.

I was a bit disappointed that very few of the One X enhanced games have Series S enhancements, but game made for the Series consoles and Xbox/360 games look and play incredibly well, even compared to the Series X.

Soldato
They need to get keyboard and mouse support going on the entire catalogue, Doom with a controller? That's like putting drop earrings on the Mona Lisa. Time for MS to sort it out.

Why? Doom didn't support mice back in the day. Indeed there was no "mouse look" on ID games until Quake in 1996 but even then it was only via console command and wasn't activated by default.

Using controllers is more than adequate to play Doom games. Granted it can get tough on Eternal in places, but its perfectly doable.

I dont understand why people buy games consoles and expect to use it like a PC, but that's just me.

Soldato

I agree. Some of my most played recent games are from those studios. Also with ES6 potentially in the pipeline im looking forward to what they do with the deal.

I'd love a successor to Prey. Other than Doom that's been one of my favourite games of recent years.

Soldato
Speaking of older games, I just installed Dragon Age origins ... don't think I ever finished it the first time around. It's so weird that with the X, I'm happy to start replaying old games, where I never really did that in the past. Just finished Alan Wake again and was enthused to fire up another classic :D

Soldato
I dont understand why people buy games consoles and expect to use it like a PC, but that's just me.

Well, I can think of several reasons;
I like using a keyboard and mouse rather than a controller
I bought the xbox to play games that support it as I tired of spending $$$ on PCs
Microsoft have added native keyboard and mouse support for the system and listed it as a feature
First person shooters are better (for me) with K&M
You are using skill rather than aim assist

When I refer to Bethesda's back catalogue I'm referring to Doom 3, 2106, Eternal, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, Quake 4, Wolfenstien (the new ones), Elder Scrolls etc etc. The original Doom isn't something I intend to play again. :)

Phil Spencer also reiterated in a recent interview that they intend to push for more support.

Soldato
Well, I can think of several reasons;
I like using a keyboard and mouse rather than a controller
I bought the xbox to play games that support it as I tired of spending $$$ on PCs
Microsoft have added native keyboard and mouse support for the system and listed it as a feature
First person shooters are better (for me) with K&M
You are using skill rather than aim assist

When I refer to Bethesda's back catalogue I'm referring to Doom 3, 2106, Eternal, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, Quake 4, Wolfenstien (the new ones), Elder Scrolls etc etc. The original Doom isn't something I intend to play again. :)

Phil Spencer also reiterated in a recent interview that they intend to push for more support.

Have you tried using keyboard and mouse on any FPS games yet? Just curious as to your experience, I haven't tried it yet but intend to at some point although I've read that they'll lobby you with PC players and therefore hackers on cross play games

Soldato
Have you tried using keyboard and mouse on any FPS games yet? Just curious as to your experience, I haven't tried it yet but intend to at some point although I've read that they'll lobby you with PC players and therefore hackers on cross play games

Yes, I play COD Cold War everyday and it's ok. It supports wide FOV, 120hz etc so it's close to the PC version. The main issue is that controller users have aim assist so it's actually harder than you'd think it would be in Multi. I play in xbox lobbies only by disabling cross play.

I also played Metro Exodus through using k&m and that's great, if you've not played it yet I'd hold off as they're releasing a next gen version this year and it has an FOV slider as well as Ray Tracing etc. It's a great single player game.

Gears of War also plays well too, the COD servers were down on Friday and I played it for an hour or so and I found it easier than the controller.

Back
Top Bottom