• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hehe well the hype has been real tbh! Hopefully you keep it and enjoy using it. I certainly have. My PC barely gets a look these days although I don't have loads of time for gaming anyway. But the Series X is amazing for that, especially with Quick Resume being so awesome. I'm back on AC Valhalla at the moment and after a break from it, I'm really enjoying it again. Looking forward to trying Outriders tomorrow though. It should be downloaded by the morning :)
Can't wait for quick resume to be fair

Soldato
£400+ by all accounts.

£449.

They're up for pre-order now on MS Store. Could be interesting next time Xbox gift cards are on an aggressive offer at one of the resellers; should be able to knock at least £100 off that, plus a bit more from MS Rewards. But at £450? Hard pass.

Soldato
had my series X almost a week.
very happy with it. fast, cool and quiet.
got 3months gamepass. didn't get ultimate, to many cheats online these days. :D

only played horizon 4 and doom 3 although i have gears 5 downloaded ready to play at some point.

Soldato
I'm a pyrothingy. It's reiner I can't kill. Too many enemies

look out for weapons that grant health on hit/kill and also armour perks that synergies your skills (the ones that give you two charges of one skill are really powerful).

I personally found Pyro to be quite lacking, at least in the demo, compared to the other classes. It felt like it lacked a passive health regen perk or something like running through fire grants overshield. Much easier to survive multiple rushing enemies as a Devastator vs Pyro for example.

My end of demo Devastator build had a gun that literally generated a shield on hit and also a armour perk that gave health regen at a 1:1 ratio for the damage dealt by the skill. Effectively granting me a 100% heal every time I used it. Pretty much meant I could go toe to toe with the Demos main boss without using any real cover or having to disengage.

Soldato
didn't get ultimate, to many cheats online these days. :D

The main reason most are on Ultimate is because you can buy 12 months Gold for about £40 and convert it to Game Pass Ultimate for a quid. Works out cheaper than standard Game Pass; £3.41/month vs £7.99. You can stack up to three years this way, and can drop the cost even further if you don't mind messing about with VPNs and buying Gold from other regions.

As a bonus, you also get online play, cloud streaming, and PC Game Pass.

Last edited:
Soldato
The main reason most are on Ultimate is because you can buy 12 months Gold for about £40 and convert it to Game Pass Ultimate for a quid. Works out cheaper than standard Game Pass; £3.41/month vs £7.99. You can stack up to three years this way, and can drop the cost even further if you don't mind messing about with VPNs and buying Gold from other regions.

That is completely it and gamepass ultimate has so many games.

Soldato
Well I have been on Outriders most of the day after it pre loaded over night.

Its OK. Bit repetitive. Im learning the mechanics of the game and its quite detailed. But ultimately its clear the bad guys out, checkpoint and a bit of walking then clear the bad guys out. Rinse and repeat. Not sure how long I will continue without getting bored.

I'm about 11hrs in, level 13 and world level 6.

I just realised you can upgrade rarity of greens for leather and iron. With the mod swap ability its a really good way to get your weapons levelled to your current max and get useful mods installed.

So far, killing Reiner has been the hardest thing going.

Really have to make sure you disrupt him at the right time just before he heals.

For those struggling- focus on taking down the other enemies as a priority. As fast as you can.

They will respawn in waves, but eventually stop after 2-3 times leaving you to focus on Reiner 1v1.

Soldato
so i hear when you have games in suspended mode any
downloads will be slower ?
if this is true when you click on something to download does it give an option of unsuspending (quit) all games so you get full download speed or do you have to manually unsuspend all games without being prompted?
sounds a bit of a faff

Man of Honour
so i hear when you have games in suspended mode any
downloads will be slower ?
if this is true when you click on something to download does it give an option of unsuspending (quit) all games so you get full download speed or do you have to manually unsuspend all games without being prompted?
sounds a bit of a faff

It's only a faff if you make it a faff.

SSD in use = slow

SSD not in use (close option in downloads/sleep mode) = fast

Back
Top Bottom