• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
N00b alert - Does this mean we can play games on an ipad if connected to the internet? I do (well used to do) quite a bit of long haul air travel and used to game on my ipad but hated the experience. Even bought GTA Vice City but combat was awful with the touch screen so play on an old PS Vita when away which is great but a little small and fiddley for me.
How would the controls work on an ipad? Can I connect an xbox controller to it? Presume there will be no offline play.

Well going by the current streaming model, you can stream from the servers with a controller hooked up to your phone, laptop, ipad and play. There is also an option to download the game so you do not have to stream, no idea how that works though as i've not tried it.

Now the iPad/laptop play is new with the beta so once that's fully out should be very good. I've sat at work and play Ori and the blind forest a few times while on lunch.

Soldato
What is it that you are struggling with or need to get used to? I've played since MLB TS12 or whatever it was called on the PS3 and other than a few big changes it's mostly the same to someone who has played for so many years.

Mostly hitting, but have changed my camera angle to strike zone which helps follow the pitch more. Got a good flow going now on RTTS

Soldato
Mostly hitting, but have changed my camera angle to strike zone which helps follow the pitch more. Got a good flow going now on RTTS

That'll take time, although a good hitting view helps loads. I found Strike Zone to close for my liking but Strike Zone 2/3 to be a little more zoomed out but still far enough in to make a difference. Just switch around a bit and see which gels with you more and never be afraid to change it in a slump sometimes a new hitting view helps you get out of it.

The more you play then the more you start to recognize pitch types and speeds and improve your timing etc until it becomes second nature and your hitting a lot.

Soldato
Well going by the current streaming model, you can stream from the servers with a controller hooked up to your phone, laptop, ipad and play. There is also an option to download the game so you do not have to stream, no idea how that works though as i've not tried it.

Now the iPad/laptop play is new with the beta so once that's fully out should be very good. I've sat at work and play Ori and the blind forest a few times while on lunch.
Sweet. So I could shortly be playing on an ipad, on a plane with my xbox controller. :)

In other news got an email overnight from MS stating that purchasing gold is no longer a prerequisite to playing certain free to play games online. Thought that may have been posted on here by now by others.

Effective 21 April, all Xbox players can access online multiplayer at no charge for a library of over 50 free-to-play games, as well as free game demos and betas that support online multiplayer.

To make it easier for everyone to find and connect with other gamers, we are unlocking two other Xbox Live Gold features, “Looking for Groups” and “Party”, for all Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.

There is a rich library of over 50 free-to-play games you can download and play with all your friends, regardless of their membership.

This change happens automatically. Additional details about this change can be found here.

Soldato
Lad above mentioned being able to download the game so not having to stream it. Presume it would then sync progress when you re-connected.
I doubt you can play games natively on an iPad. It needs to be streamed.

Some flights now have an internet service, but they are barely fast enough to browse the internet properly, let alone stream video games.

Soldato
Lad above mentioned being able to download the game so not having to stream it. Presume it would then sync progress when you re-connected.

I don't see how you'd be able to play a game on the iPad by downloading it. You're then not streaming it, you're playing it on the iPad. The whole purpose of streaming is that you have hardware capable of running the game that you're streaming from. An iPad wouldn't ever be able to cope with a game that's meant to be played on an Xbox.

Soldato
It looks like there's going to be some collaboration between Xbox and Nintendo Switch sometime soon. Probably Cloud gaming on a Switch. If that's the case, I'm onboard for sure! Imagine being able to access your Game Pass library on a mobile device like the Switch?! That would be epic!

Soldato

I think I read into it wrong, just loaded up a game on my Xbox app to try at work and it streamed but there was a button to download. When clicking it, downloaded to my console and not to my phone - so my bad I didn't check it properly.

It'll still need to be streamed, not sure what made me think it could be downloaded and played without hence the confusion in my post.

Soldato
It looks like there's going to be some collaboration between Xbox and Nintendo Switch sometime soon. Probably Cloud gaming on a Switch. If that's the case, I'm onboard for sure! Imagine being able to access your Game Pass library on a mobile device like the Switch?! That would be epic!

I'd love that.. I currently use cloud gaming at work when on my break on my phone with a controller. If I could just take my Switch in instead it'd be so much better than keeping a random controller in my bag and a bigger screen than phone.

Soldato

That's all I used my Switch for in the end, before I sold it. Xbox Game Streaming via Switch Android. It was janky as hell though. An official version would be amazing, and would make a Switch Pro very tempting.

Back
Top Bottom