Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Not to have a pop, but:

1) Supply new consoles and accessories is always constrained. This is not new.

2) There’s a global pandemic, so yeah, bad times

3) Every man and their dog wants silicon for their products. We’re at the “oh ****” we need more capacity moment…and diversity in production. Always amazes that we’ve all created this industry in China yet countries are quick to accuse them of all kinds of things…which are probably true.

Spot on! Consoles are always sparse at release but with the global pandemic still in effect and the shortage of silicone this makes things much worse. Also with the infrequent stock releases, it's become a scalpers wet dream.

It's the same for everything right now from Xbox Series X, PS5, Graphics cards.

Caporegime
Spot on! Consoles are always sparse at release but with the global pandemic still in effect and the shortage of silicone this makes things much worse. Also with the infrequent stock releases, it's become a scalpers wet dream.

It's the same for everything right now from Xbox Series X, PS5, Graphics cards.

I feel like I should get some SSD while I still can...

Soldato
So whats this Game Preview thing all about? I went to download Second Extinction via the app which is failing for some reason and then noticed its a Game Preview. Does this mean its some kind of demo for Game Pass members and you have to pay for the full game?

Man of Honour
So whats this Game Preview thing all about? I went to download Second Extinction via the app which is failing for some reason and then noticed its a Game Preview. Does this mean its some kind of demo for Game Pass members and you have to pay for the full game?

It’s a game in active development, and you’re getting access to beta builds of the game as they’re released.

Associate

It's Microsoft's answer to early access.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm going to get the B&O Headset when it's out. I've settled that I won't find something high quality that I can use across xbox,ps5 and bluetooth.
Will sell my Penrose and I get discount from John Lewis through a friend so wont cost me much extra.

Caporegime
I'm going to get the B&O Headset when it's out. I've settled that I won't find something high quality that I can use across xbox,ps5 and bluetooth.
Will sell my Penrose and I get discount from John Lewis through a friend so wont cost me much extra.

Are they not really bad as a gaming headset? Good for music but sucks for games I've heard.

Soldato
Are they not really bad as a gaming headset? Good for music but sucks for games I've heard.

Don't know but you can fiddle with equaliser so I'm sure it can be fixed if needed. Worst case I'll sell them I guess. I don't play competitive fps games so I'm not sure how they can suck unless the positional audio is bad but that's handled through atmos or dts etc.
I have tried so many headphones until I settled on wired ones, wireless is still new to me. I mean I could get through Amazon, try them and send them back then order through JL if I like them but it feels a bit scummy.

Caporegime
Don't know but you can fiddle with equaliser so I'm sure it can be fixed if needed. Worst case I'll sell them I guess. I don't play competitive fps games so I'm not sure how they can suck unless the positional audio is bad but that's handled through atmos or dts etc.
I have tried so many headphones until I settled on wired ones, wireless is still new to me. I mean I could get through Amazon, try them and send them back then order through JL if I like them but it feels a bit scummy.

I am only basing it on this video.

Soldato
I am only basing it on this video.

Interesting watch thanks. There's only a few audio specific reviewers I generally trust because I've tried the same headphones and agree but I'm certainly not dismissing anything.
I'm kinda thinking maybe I should just get the Penrose X, my biggest gripe with them is comfort but I could bodge something to make that better. AQ wise I have no issues with them. The B&O show same battery life of 12h so really the only thing they have going for them is likely more comfortable and potentially better AQ in some cases but I guess not enough to warrant the price difference.
And I've already talked myself out of it, cheers Raymond.

PS: Send me some crisps, heard you got a stash at work.

Caporegime
Interesting watch thanks. There's only a few audio specific reviewers I generally trust because I've tried the same headphones and agree but I'm certainly not dismissing anything.
I'm kinda thinking maybe I should just get the Penrose X, my biggest gripe with them is comfort but I could bodge something to make that better. AQ wise I have no issues with them. The B&O show same battery life of 12h so really the only thing they have going for them is likely more comfortable and potentially better AQ in some cases but I guess not enough to warrant the price difference.
And I've already talked myself out of it, cheers Raymond.

PS: Send me some crisps, heard you got a stash at work.

I bought the X-Box Headset after that video, it's £90 and the money left over you can get another 2 pairs of great headphones. Oh, I saw a video where if you buy the Atmos app on the store which is £15 which improves sound quality on the Xbox headset.

As for the crisps, they are all gone! lol Waiting for the next offer on again before getting a couple more boxes.

Back
Top Bottom