• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The general consensus among industry insiders and journalists is that it will be exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem.

We may well see it on Switch or whatever Nintendo console is out, if it can run it, but I have no doubt all future Bethesda titles will be Xbox only.

Otherwise, why buy them? A huge part of the PS4 success was down to platform exclusives, makes no sense to shell out billions and not make them exclusive.

MS might not make as much from the software sales but will drive console sales, additional hardware, people to join the ecosystem and Gamepass subscriptions.

Man of Honour
I've noticed a lot of Sony fans are still clutching at straws over Starfield, suggesting that it would be unwise for Microsoft to forgo releasing the game on the PS5 if they expect to make a reasonable profit. The thing is, Microsoft isn't interested in single unit sales, there's more money to be made in repeat subscriptions. They want to incentivize people to subscribe to Game Pass, and make it a more valuable proposition with compelling exclusives. Phil Spencer has already said they don't need to release games on the PS5 to recoup their investment.

The general consensus among industry insiders and journalists is that it will be exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem.

1OTD3Rv.png

Microsoft have outright stated that they didn’t buy Bethesda to put their games on non Game Pass platforms, unless already contractually obliged to do so.

We know this isn’t happening, Microsoft have said this isn’t happening, why is it still being discussed?

Associate
Microsoft have outright stated that they didn’t buy Bethesda to put their games on non Game Pass platforms, unless already contractually obliged to do so.

We know this isn’t happening, Microsoft have said this isn’t happening, why is it still being discussed?

Jeff Grub stirred the hornet's nest with yesterday's tweet, resulting in Sony fans voicing their displeasure on Reddit etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ha, yes I'm aware of that. I play GTA Online on PS4 and they've been giving away $1m every month to regular players since middle of last year so they aren't all bad!

I didn't claim they're bad necessarily, it's just that their track record for "selling you the same game over and over" speaks for itself :D

Soldato
I didn't claim they're bad necessarily, it's just that their track record for "selling you the same game over and over" speaks for itself :D
To be fair haven't they only done that once with the 360 to One upgrade of GTAV? It's one of the best games ever made. Blame the buyers, not the sellers! I bought both so I'm part of the problem :D

Soldato
This is minor but a massive plus for me. I didn't bother with CEC as it always annoyed me on PS as I'd end up turning the console on when I didn't want to, for example when I wanted to watch Netflix and the console and tv were off.
I only found out today that the Xbox let's you customize what it does so I have it just set to turn my tv on with the console and that's it.

Soldato
To be fair haven't they only done that once with the 360 to One upgrade of GTAV? It's one of the best games ever made. Blame the buyers, not the sellers! I bought both so I'm part of the problem :D

They're doing it right now with GTAV Remastered for the PS5. That's why everyone thinks they'll just remaster RDR2 as well. Despite FPS Boost being available on the Series X and probably capable of working with RDR2, I reckon Rockstar will outright bar MS from applying it to their games. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

Back
Top Bottom