• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Yeah I know, it's not a money issue, more an issue of whether I actually have the time to justify the £450 outlay

I don't see it that way, I see it £200 more, but i also look at the fact that 1TB drive cost £170. So that's half the money already gone into more storage. The rest, a higher specced console with 4k.

It's a £200 more investment over the next 5+ years. That's how i talked myself into it, and the sooner i get it, the cheaper per day ownership it works out at.

Associate
Quick heads up - Diablo III seems to be free for XBL Gold members at the moment. Could be an error, who knows.
Thanks for the heads up. Shame the saves don't transfer from pc. Got well over 300 hours logged. Can't see myself investing the same amount of time into it sadly. Might be worth playing through once though from the sofa.

Soldato
Might be me missing something obvious, I know the Series S does 1440p and can also upscale to 4K, but cannot get it to work at 4K 120hz.

In the test in settings all the boxes are ticked except 4K 120hz, I bought an ultra fast hdmi cable and running it to a LG CX tv but still no dice.

am I just being thick and it’s not possible with the Series S or is there a setting I’m missing?

Have you got Dolby vision on? The CX won't do 4k 120Hz with it on at the moment. At least not until a new firmware update. Enable freesync to disable it.

Associate
How patient are people in getting a Series S or X?

I know MS website has limited stock drops but if you go the discounted gift card route, you could save between 15-20% off the price.

I was ahead of the game for pre-order Sept last year and tbh, I went a bit ott even after buying one.

Been adding store credit through Eneba since then and currently have over £200 left on my account.

With nothing I actually want to buy. Already got the Razer/ m+kb combo, the headset and the Series X.

Even bought a Series S and the discounted Expansion drive and sold the S at cost price and I still have over £200 on my account ffs.

Now looking at other things on the MS site to spend my money on. Maybe adding more credit at the discounted rate and buying something a bit more expensive :D

Caporegime
How patient are people in getting a Series S or X?

I know MS website has limited stock drops but if you go the discounted gift card route, you could save between 15-20% off the price.
I had a Series X but sold it to CEX after lockdown ended as I couldn't justify the price, but I've since been amassing reward points, I'm currently on 114000 but the issue is gift cards redeemed with points expire, so I would need to wait for consistent stock on Microsoft before going ahead.

Associate
I had a Series X but sold it to CEX after lockdown ended as I couldn't justify the price, but I've since been amassing reward points, I'm currently on 114000 but the issue is gift cards redeemed with points expire, so I would need to wait for consistent stock on Microsoft before going ahead.

I thought it was only the slightly reduced auto redeemed gift cards that expire? I could well be wrong though...

Caporegime
OP
Exactly..so why buy loads of gift cards before you're ready to spend them?

Not really time to redeem them when stock goes so fast.

This was back in December and who knew when the Microsoft Store would ever have stock in. So I converted all my points in money so I could add Series X and checkout as quickly as possible. There is no time to do all the conversion from points to £ at checkout as it can take up to 24 hours. As it happened, the MS Store never seemed to have X stock when I checked but they had a plentiful supply of Series S. So I went for that. Even now nine months later, I've never seen X available on the MS Store website when I've personally checked.

But on the bright side, I've had many good hours with the Series S. I've earned more MS reward points with the console that you can do on PC alone so that's 1/3 off a Series X already in 7 months that I've saved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom