• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Used the Series X over the weekend for the Halo Infinite technical test and I cant believe how bad the Xbox controller feels in your hands.

Feels so cheap and not solid at all.

Always liked the Xbox controller and still do but the feel of the controller in hand does not feel nice.

Hopefully a new controller on the way at some point.

Caporegime
Used the Series X over the weekend for the Halo Infinite technical test and I cant believe how bad the Xbox controller feels in your hands.

Always liked the Xbox controller and still do but the feel of the controller in hand does not feel nice.

I personally prefer the xbox one controller.

Soldato

Have you tried the Elite v2? It has a bit of 'heft' to it and feels really nice in the hands.

Associate
Have you got Dolby vision on? The CX won't do 4k 120Hz with it on at the moment. At least not until a new firmware update. Enable freesync to disable it.

Ah that could be it then, I thought the CX had been updated already. Tbf don’t think there’s much that uses it at the min anyway but just wanted to check everything was set up to use it.

Man of Honour

I’m the opposite, it’s the best I’ve ever used.

Associate
I have two series X, one in the bedroom and one in the lounge. The one in the lounge gets a lot more use but it seems the A button is getting less and less responsive. Might send it back under warranty.

The beauty of me and my partner having our own houses, can game where and whenever I like lol.

Caporegime
Now that I have both consoles I can say the Dual Sense is a better pad. The second I pick it up, it feels nicer in my hands. I think the texture is better, shape of the grip is also better. When it is in action it is in another league. Xbox's pad is pretty much the same one for the last 10 years, it has evolved a little but nothing that big a leap. The Sony pad has improved dramatically from the PS4, it's better IMO.

Associate
Have you used the DualSense? No fanboyism here but it's honestly in another league.

The dual sense is in another league, although poorly made. I only used my PS5 for Demon Souls and spiderman so mine is fine. My stepson uses his PS5 daily to play overwatch, he is now on his 3rd pad, trigger issues both times.

Saying that my xbox pad is playing up now.

Soldato
Xbox controller every day of the year, EXCEPT for fighting games. I can't use the Xbox one at all for that... don't know why. The only other thing I don't like about the Xbox controller, and this is totally just a "me" thing, is that I prefer the Playstation button names :D

For games like Detroit for example, where you have to read to onscreen timed prompts for L1,L2 etc. it takes me a split second to remember what LB,LT is. No matter how long I've used the Xbox controller, I'm too thick and just don't react as quick as I would on the PS controller. Same applies to AB/XY to a lesser extent.

Soldato
Game Developers: The Xbox Series S shouldn't exist

Microsoft: Don't worry the Series S is a beast that will do just fine

Halo Infinite on the Series S: 540p resolution

Game Developers :

Soldato
Game Developers: The Xbox Series S shouldn't exist

Microsoft: Don't worry the Series S is a beast that will do just fine

Halo Infinite on the Series S: 540p resolution

Game Developers :

And yet, this is the version of the game which John Linnerman refers to as being "the best playing version" and the one he spent most of his free time using, owing to the near-constant 120fps and low frame time variance.

For all of the furore over the 540p statistic, DF's analysis of the Series S version was extremely positive. By contrast, One S has similar resolution scaling, but has a bunch of visual features turned off and still can't manage a stable frame rate even at 30fps. So the generational leap is very evident here.

It's all moot for me though personally; Series S does a decent job of maintaining 1080p/60, which is the limit of the TV it's connected to anyway. In that sense, it's no worse than the Series X version and far better than either the One S or One X version. I'm happy with that (and I expect that'll run true for quite a lot of Series S owners).

Back
Top Bottom