• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's in game pass, they announced that awhile ago.

Hardly a game that's likely to excite people though so can see why they wouldn't show it

Should have shown it - visually it’s one of the best they’ve got. It’s leagues ahead of what was shown on Thursday.

Soldato
Halo combat was my favourite, this looks like great fun to me. It's why I'm buying Xbox sx.

Seems like ps5 got Spiderman and Xbox got halo as day one launch games. Easy choice for me to decide plus it's included in gamepass already paid for.
Just wait till state of play :p
My 170quid tablet looks like it could run the new halo!!!!

Soldato
Should have shown it - visually it’s one of the best they’ve got. It’s leagues ahead of what was shown on Thursday.
I don't dispute it's got a massive following and history, however for most consol only games probably never heard of franchise

I wouldn't class it as anything close to potential system seller or as likely to appeal to masses as the games they did show

As for it's visuals abit like racing games it's easier to make them stunning say compared to something open world and hundreds of different things going on

I mean look at Forza for example the SIM versions are gorgeous more so than the Horizon series (just to add horizon series is also gorgeous to look at)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Interesting that "The Medium" doesn't require an SSD for its PC version. Probably to be expected with the first batch of games, not really using the Velocity Engine to its full potential.

Soldato
The video is really informative. Hopefully, the Ray Tracing patch planned for Halo will sort the graphics issues out.

Does amaze me the hundreds of people involved in getting this demo together and no one said "wait folks, this looks a bit ****".

They've been building to this for ages, you think they'd have a bunch of assets ready to go which show everything in the absolute best light possible. Even the official screenshots MS released alongside the video were dodgy choices in my opinion.

The 4k/60 stream does look a lot better than the original feed, and it is very smooth and speedy.

I think the ring could be one of the biggest open worlds to date, nothing scientific but just the feeling you get looking up at the ring and taking into account what you see from the elevator and map. Let's hope it's worth exploring unlike an Assassin's Creed tickbox of stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve never played a Fable game. Do the 360 games hold up well and can I play the latest one first?

I'm not sure, I'm remembering it through rose tinted lenses. It's hard to articulate, but the reason I'm gagging for it has to do with the tone and feels while playing it. I'm a big RPG fan, but the majority of the ones I've played through the years have fairly "heavy" or mature undertones. Fable was fun and funny, good RPG elements but not super deep. It struck just the right balance, and I'm hoping the next gen iterations will do the same.

Soldato
I'm not sure, I'm remembering it through rose tinted lenses. It's hard to articulate, but the reason I'm gagging for it has to do with the tone and feels while playing it. I'm a big RPG fan, but the majority of the ones I've played through the years have fairly "heavy" or mature undertones. Fable was fun and funny, good RPG elements but not super deep. It struck just the right balance, and I'm hoping the next gen iterations will do the same.
nope fable was deep. Don't let the gfx fool you.
The beauty of fable was your choices meant something. Small choices would have major affects on the world.

I was really looking forward to it but news broke this week that's it's an MMO. So I'm expecting a mess if they have tried to rehash their last attempt.

Soldato
nope fable was deep. Don't let the gfx fool you.

I disagree, but understand where you're coming from. For me the story was pretty run of the mill affair (not necessarily a bad thing .. I mean, TLOU was a story about revenge and I loved every second of it), the character creation and customisation was nothing particularly noteworthy and combat was pretty shallow.

None of that was to say that it was an average experience, I loved it.

I think the rumour has been dispelled, but if it turns out to be an MMO, I'll not be partaking.

Soldato
Fable was what you made of it it. If you wanted to be a goodie two shoes or a meanie you could. Your choices mattered. After questing in various areas to could go back and see how you affected the area. No game has come close since.

Hopefully they started from scratch. No Lionhead tho :(

Soldato
I played the first Fable albeit for like a couple of hours. All I recall is running around with a monster head trying to impress people. I don't know why I didn't play it properly.

Associate
I watched the showcase ... and left feeling slightly disappointed. Issues with Halo aside, Fozza looks amazing but there was nothing in the showcase that would convince me to drop cash on a series x over the one x I already have. it's a shame. I was actually more impressed with the recent PS5 showcase.

I think the DF guys hit the nail on the head when they said that MS has missed another opportunity here. Series X may well be more powerful that PS5 but from what I have seen so far in terms of actual games don't reflect this.

Soldato
It doesn't get any better, does it?

Try watching at 4K and 25% speed. Suddenly you see why it looks worse in stills than in motion.

Still looking forward to seeing more though. Hoping what they've said is true about it being an early demo and the final product being better. If it's open world, covering the whole Halo ring, that could be brilliant.

Still suspect we could be waiting up to a year for a (visually) complete game though. As it is, RT is delayed until some time after launch. Can see this being like Sea of Thieves, where it receives a lukewarm reception on launch, but years later is regarded as being pretty good.

They released this trailer shortly afterwards which has significantly less flat lighting.... you have to wonder why they didn't just show this one. It still doesn't exactly blow your socks off and doesn't address some of the issues like pop in and static grass but it's a significant improvement over what was shown in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom