1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** Xbox Series X|S - £449/£249 - launches 10th November ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ic1male, 9 Jun 2019.

Tags:
?

Which will you buy?

1. Series X

317 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. Series S

49 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Not interested

133 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Both

10 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. ic1male

Caporegime

LOL, I am - providing Xbox Series S is real - just for Game Pass.

2. malachi

Capodecina

They can close that gap when their Xbox Game Streaming officially comes Gamepass Ultimate. Anyone waiting for Halo 5 on PC, will have to use it.

3. McPhee

Soldato

I don't think PC does badly for £3.99/month TBH. All first party Xbox titles launch simultaneously on PC. But the inverse isn't true. The end result being that PC has the console first party game pass titles, plus AOE: DE, AOE II: DE, Mechwarrior 5, Torment: Tides of Numeria, Gears Tactics, and Flight Sim (when it launches next month).

The big thing holding PC Game Pass back is Windows Store. So many games don't come to that platform. And these days it isn't always simple to add other stores, as many games are built for proprietary platforms (e.g. Steamworks), or have exclusivity deals tieing them to one store. Reportedly, the reason why RDR2 won't be on Game Pass for PC is because Rockstar insist on using their launcher, while Microsoft won't allow third-party launchers on their store.

4. ic1male

Caporegime

I forgot about XCloud. When they bring the XCloud client to Windows 10, you won't actually need an Xbox console either but hopefully it won't be a licensing thing that stops some of the Xbox-only GP games being available elsewhere.

Yes, not at £3.99 but when it goes up to £7.99, I wouldn't pay that price for the selection that's on offer right now.

5. Noxia

Sgarrista

Is that price rise happening? If so I'm out too. I can justify £4 but £8 for games I'm only playing because they're included is a no.

6. ic1male

Caporegime

Well, eventually. No news yet though.

7. malachi

Capodecina

When will once they get enough subscribers in years to come. Look at Netflix.

8. Noxia

Sgarrista

True, well I'll enjoy it for now. TBH for myself, having less choice of what to play can actually help.

9. apatia77

Mobster

Is Xbox Live really going free? It would definitely make me purchase and Xbox.

10. malachi

Capodecina

Its been rumored since E3 last year but nothing yet has been confirmed.

11. McPhee

Soldato

Halo Infinite's multiplayer has been confirmed as being free to play. Will run at 120fps.

12. cu3ed

Capodecina

Live going for free would be huge. Can't imagine how much that would cost MS.

13. KraniX

Mobster

Can't believe MS didn't showcase Flight Simulator on the Xbox, that's providing it could run it... :)

14. malachi

Capodecina

Not much, all their servers are running off Azure. Nicely paid for by cooperate organizations.

15. Digital X

Sgarrista

Not that long had my 4K HDR10 tv, guess im going to be ponying up more cash for 120hz! Even though my tv was dirt cheap, its still a goodun.

16. cu3ed

Capodecina

That makes even less sense then, so they are basically getting tons of cash for nothing? If they are givng a service away for free, it will cost them something.

17. McPhee

Soldato

That's assuming the rumours are true about Live, which they may not be. Could be that Live is being rolled in to Xbox Game Pass, for example. Or maybe nothing is happening beyond the removal of 12m subs. If Live is more expensive, people are more likely to cough up for Game Pass Ultimate.

The Halo thing is separate; it's going F2P. So you can play Halo Infinite's multiplayer whether you buy the base game or not. Like what Warzone is to the most recent Call of Duty.

18. Mark1989

Capodecina

The amount they make from game pass would probably offset it tbf

19. Soulja

Capodecina

Didn't some ms guy some out and say game pass isn't making them much money as the moment?

20. Ryan-3

Sgarrista

I'd imagine that many people, myself included, have game pass through the £1 offer scheme and won't be paying for it monthly. Until then, it won't be making a huge amount of money.