• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I get why they do it but it doesn’t reflect well on Apple, especially at the moment when they are already being questioned about how fair/not fair their policy is in regards to competition...

Soldato
I guess it means you can have total confidence in what you are downloading from Apple's app store, which is a big thing for them.

I get the idea of xCloud, with gaming on the go and the like. However, gaming on some tiny screen is one of the worst things I can think of. Don't think I've ever reached a point of being so desperate to game, that I've wished that I could play something like CoD/Forza/etc.. on a 6.5 inch screen.

Associate
I guess it means you can have total confidence in what you are downloading from Apple's app store, which is a big thing for them.

I get the idea of xCloud, with gaming on the go and the like. However, gaming on some tiny screen is one of the worst things I can think of. Don't think I've ever reached a point of being so desperate to game, that I've wished that I could play something like CoD/Forza/etc.. on a 6.5 inch screen.

Whilst that is what Apple will say.......I suspect the truth is that Apple don't want to lose out on that 30% cut they take on all istore content.

Soldato
That is likely a sticking point with Apple to be fair.

Having never used Windows mobile, I can't really comment, but I would have thought MS would have managed to make a bit more of an impact than they did. I mean, they make their own surface tablets, so doing something similar to Apple for phones should have worked to me.

Associate
That is likely a sticking point with Apple to be fair.

Having never used Windows mobile, I can't really comment, but I would have thought MS would have managed to make a bit more of an impact than they did. I mean, they make their own surface tablets, so doing something similar to Apple for phones should have worked to me.
In fairness, I had several Nokia Windows Mobile phones, and I much preferred it to both Android and iOS.......the one thing that let it down was app support, and unfortunately, that is the number one thing you need as a smartphone OS!

Soldato
Windows Phone was a great OS. They just couldn't get a significant number of developers to make apps for it. Most were too busy with iOS and Android projects, and wanted to stick where the customers were. Throw in Google deciding to boycott the platform (no YouTube app, Google Maps app, GMail app, etc.) and it had absolutely no hope.

Microsoft were simply too slow to react and too dismissive of the iPhone and Android. It took them 2-3 years to realise why those platforms appealed to people, by which point they'd run out of time to change Windows Mobile in to a similar product.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Apple might relent if Microsoft stop you being able to buy games via the XCloud App - they did the same for Amazon - the Kindle App, Prime Video, etc are effectively just "Players/Readers" on iOS and you used to need to make purchases on your PC/Non Apple Device although I think you can now buy Movies/Video via the app

Soldato
Why on earth don't Microsoft just launch their own phone operating system?

Oh.

Microsoft should block iOS and Android from xcloud and launch a new phone on their own OS that has xcloud and game pass - now that's a system seller

However it clear Microsoft is not interested in the hardware business anymore, hence why they are t doing this.

Soldato
Microsoft should block iOS and Android from xcloud and launch a new phone on their own OS that has xcloud and game pass - now that's a system seller

However it clear Microsoft is not interested in the hardware business anymore, hence why they are t doing this.
They are very clearly interested in hardware as they are about to annouce there new Android phone. There is just no way to break into the market with two OS's for devs to work on that control the market.

Soldato
Leaks like this become more and more likely the closer we get. Makes sense for them to release the two consoles.

With regards to the white controllers, my white Xbox One X controller still looks brand new and that has seen a lot of use since day one. It has since been retired by the elite 2, but I don't know what people do to make their controllers grubby :p

Back
Top Bottom