Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
Odd that there is no picture of the Series S in that controller pamphlet. Perhaps it's going to look like a white Xbox Series X after all. But to me, that looks like a photoshop job. The X|S spacing just looks strange. Why not S/X or X/S?

Caporegime
I hope to Christ they sort out the god awful UI with this upcoming console, even on an X it’s laggy as anything. Easily the most irritating thing about the console.

Trouble is doing anything outside of just playing games is an annoyance especially browsing the store.

Caporegime
OP
I hope to Christ they sort out the god awful UI with this upcoming console, even on an X it’s laggy as anything. Easily the most irritating thing about the console.

Trouble is doing anything outside of just playing games is an annoyance especially browsing the store.

They updated the dash recently and it's supposed to be better than ever?

The Store is getting a total remake as well.

Soldato

Major nelson has a demo of the new store on one of his recent blogs, was much much quicker. Layout looked good too.

Soldato
Halo delayed until 2021, right decision but I’m pretty gutted.

Woah! I had to go and check on a few sites as someone duped me about Cyberpunk the other day...

Very surprised they made this call so late but the feedback has been generally pretty poor, so probably for the best.

If they shoot themselves in the foot with Halo they may well lose this generation in the first month.

Associate
That all depends on what the other launch titles are........surely rather launch without Halo than give the PS5 an entire Xmas period to itself?
It does make you wonder if Xbox have something up their sleeve though.

Caporegime
OP
Let's get some official blurb in here.

Today I want to share an important Halo Infinite development update with the community. We have made the difficult decision to shift our release to 2021 to ensure the team has adequate time to deliver a Halo game experience that meets our vision.

The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday.

We know this will be disappointing to many of you and we all share in that sentiment. The passion and support the community has shown over the years has been incredible and inspiring. We wanted nothing more than to play our game with the community this holiday. The extra time will let us finish the critical work necessary to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever at the quality we know our fans expect.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-infinite-development-update

Today, we announced updates to Halo Infinite’s launch timing. Our vision at Xbox and 343 Industries has always been to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever for our fans, while also balancing the team’s well-being. To do that, we will need some more time to finish the critical work necessary to launch Halo Infinite, which will come in 2021.

We have plenty to keep you busy until Chief arrives: There will be thousands of games to play, spanning four generations, when Xbox Series X launches globally this November and over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year. And with brand new console features like hardware-accelerated Direct X raytracing, framerates up to 120 frames per second, faster loading times, and Quick Resume for multiple games, playing will look and feel better, no matter which games you choose to play on day one.

A shared library of great games through Xbox Game Pass

Hundreds of developers are at work on new games for Xbox Series X that will raise the bar for fidelity, speed and immersion; and the best way to discover new games will be with Xbox Game Pass. Game Pass delivers a curated library of content across console and PC, including all games from Xbox Game Studios the day they launch, for one low monthly price. Beginning September 15th, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members will also be able to play more than 100 games from the cloud on their Android phone or tablet, enabling them to take their console gaming on the go. Experiences you expect on Xbox consoles such as your friends list, achievements, controller settings and saved game progress all come with you when you play on mobile.

Play thousands of games across four generations of content

Playing your favorite games and franchises across four generations of Xbox was a key tenet for us in the next generation of console gaming. This commitment means that you will have access to thousands of titles across four generations of content – from Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Our back compat team continues to develop new innovations that can be applied to a curated list of titles that will enhance them even further than was possible when they were originally created. These optimizations include the ability to render titles with increased resolutions up to 4K, delivering new HDR reconstruction techniques to games that were developed years before HDR came into existence, applying anisotropic filtering to improve image quality, and creating ways to increase or double the frame rate of certain titles.

Whether you’ve played for years or have just recently picked up a controller, we can’t wait for you to see and feel the first big step into gaming’s next generation with Xbox Series X this November.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/11/xbox-series-x-launching-with-thousands-of-games/

Soldato
Wonder if this means people will delay their purchase. Or be tempted across to PS5 instead.

There was little reason to buy the new Xbox to start with, there’s now pretty much no reason to get one.

I was sure MS wouldn’t mess up this console release and would have a strong launch but looks like they haven’t learned a thing from the mistakes of current Gen.

Associate
I am far more excited about the news on legacy game support bringing in HDR, anistropic filtering and 4K to old games than I ever was about Halo (though I do love that series).........but this is a big kick in the nuts to many that were waiting for Halo. I suppose it all depends on how far into 2021 we are talking? If it's January or February, then it's not too bad.......but much later than that and it could be a bigger issue.

Soldato
Wow, Phil Spencer said that the SX will launch regardless if Halo is ready or not some time ago, but I think the question was asked within the context of the COVID pandemic and working conditions, but can;t help but wonder if the writing's been on the wall for a while.

Back
Top Bottom