• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I suspect Sony may be cheaper as there allowing 3rd party manufacturers to make them where as Microsoft forcing you to buy there own specific one which I suspects adds to cost.

Soldato
I suspect Sony may be cheaper as there allowing 3rd party manufacturers to make them where as Microsoft forcing you to buy there own specific one which I suspects adds to cost.
Not sure what it is like in the UK but the PCI Gen 4 Samsung 980 pro 1TB SSD is $449NZD with the cheapest here being the Gigabyte Aorus AT $399NZD... With the UK price being 220GBP for the MS expansion card that is equvalent to $428NZD so in New Zealand at least a comparible price... Now this may be different in RRP for us as our Xbox Series X was cheaper than the UK at 410GBP when converted... It seems that the expansion card is appropriately priced to me.

Soldato
Interesting just checked approx. exchange rate from usd to NZD for the storage card and it came out at $335; will be interesting to see how much locally it is and how much I can order it from Amazon US for as that is much cheaper than any locally sourced Gen 4 PCI nVME 1TB drive sold in NZ

Caporegime
Does make me want beer if they get too much backlash from the cost of they will a lower cost or make smaller ones e.g. 512 to double Series S size

yeh, £220 is going to be too much for most people. A lot of people may not even understand about nvme/gen 4 etc so they will just see "1tb for £220" and just think...um no.

That is almost the price of the Series S alone and half the price of the Series X.

Soldato
That's what I was going to say. Many people will see that the storage is almost the price of a Series S and be think "no way."

Looks like I'll have to juggle things, however, I've installed a few extra games on my One X and I've got 100GB left. So it might not be necessary for some time/at all.

Soldato
I'm definitely not going to be getting the expansion drive at that price point unless someone buys it for me as a gift!

I have a 4tb external drive and my guess is the series x will likely support up to 8tb or more so I will just swap games between internal storage and external.

If the price comes down I will look at it again.

Soldato
Quick heads-up for anyone who may not know:

Forza Horizon 3 is delisted in two days as the game's licenses are expiring. This is the last chance to buy the game digitally (you can still buy a used disc), and the game's DLC.

Also, be aware that the "Ultimate Edition" doesn't include the expansions.

If you want everything, this is the best value bundle out there:

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/ga...orizon-3-ultimate-editions-bundle-xbox-one-uk

Back
Top Bottom