• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Halo is very stale for me. Other than graphically, it hasn't really moved on in any significant way.

Can't really feel excited for Halo or Gears either to be honest, although I found gears 5 a lot more engaging than Halo 5.

As others have mentioned, there's a certainly some nostalgia but gaming has moved on since the original games. I guess I have moved on in terms of my expectations and tastes too.

Associate
So, my PC blew up a few years ago and I ended up getting a (standard) PS4. I've had all the PlayStations (not all versions, though) but when it comes to Xbox I had a crystal original one and a 360 not long after they came out. My niece has a (standard) Xbox One, but I've never played on it.

That said, I'm most interested in the Xbox this time around. I've tried and tried (and believe me, I've tried) to get into some of the Japanese games, particularly stuff like Final Fantasy and so on, and they just don't do it for me somehow. Therefore, there aren't all that many "PlayStation exclusives" that would really pull me in.

My biggest gaming interest lies within the Western RPG bracket, so if the new Xbox is going to get a decent version of whatever the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games turn out to be, plus IPs like Fable, which I would love to see a proper one of again, then I think that might be the machine for me.

I like what I've seen of the Series X, and am also very interested in the rumoured Series S. We don't have a 4k TV, and are unlikely to get one any time soon. Also, I buy so few games these days that spending a few extra pounds on digital-distribution-only media if that continues to be more expensive than physical media won't make all that much difference to the family purse.

Long story short: if Lockhart offers ALL of the Xbox functionality but with no disc tray and less powerful display options, and at a significantly reduced price, then that might well be the one for me.

Last edited:
Associate
My bet is that we WILL hear more about the hardware around the time of this event, but that MS won't reveal too many more software "surprises".

Wild speculation on my part, but in an "always leave 'em wanting more" approach I reckon they'll wait until nearer the end of the year before unveiling some of the big hitters.

Exciting days ahead!

Caporegime
OP
I don’t think Microsoft can leave anything off the table. If they don’t knock this July showcase out of the park, people are still going to spend their money on PS5.

Soldato
My bet is that we WILL hear more about the hardware around the time of this event, but that MS won't reveal too many more software "surprises".

Wild speculation on my part, but in an "always leave 'em wanting more" approach I reckon they'll wait until nearer the end of the year before unveiling some of the big hitters.

Exciting days ahead!

Could be that they've ditched this plan. But in light of the Summer Games Fest announcement, I doubt it. Chances are, the game reveals will be done on the 20th or 21st, with playable demos being released for many of the titles shown.

Last edited:
Soldato
Given they're calling it a "Games Showcase", going in expecting anything other than games is just setting yourself up for disappointment :p

Soldato
Your games will not be left behind, thanks to backward compatibility. You will be able to play four generations of games on Xbox Series X on day one. That makes it the largest launch lineup for any new console ever, with thousands of games to play. Our backward compatibility engineers have spent years devising innovative ways for modern, next-gen technology to make the games library you’re building today even better, at no additional cost and with no work from developers. It’s our intent for all Xbox One games that do not require Kinect to play on Xbox Series X at the launch of the console. And because of the unprecedented power of Xbox Series X, most of your favorite games will load faster and look and perform many times better on the new console.

Nice, good ot know no matter what game you look at it'll work.

Also

You will get more from your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership. Finally, today we’re announcing that this September, in supported countries, we’re bringing Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud together at no additional cost for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. With cloud gaming in Game Pass Ultimate, you will be able to play over 100 Xbox Game Pass titles on your phone or tablet. And because Xbox Live connects across devices, you can play along with the nearly 100 million Xbox Live players around the world. So when Halo Infinite launches, you and your friends can play together and immerse yourselves in the Halo universe as Master Chief—anywhere you go and across devices.

Back
Top Bottom