Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
Can/will Xcloud be able to stream Xbox One games to PC?

Eventually. Phil was seen testing a Windows 10 version of XCloud on his Xbox Live profile. I suspect they might wait until 2021 when the server blades have been upgraded with Xbox Series X. I don't think many PC gamers will be happy with 720p streaming of Xbox One S stuff, it looks horrendous on PlayStation Now on Windows.

Soldato
Interesting that they dropped this and the Flight Sim news this week. What do they have in store for next Thursday which means they can casually drop this sort of news now?

Associate
Interesting that they dropped this and the Flight Sim news this week. What do they have in store for next Thursday which means they can casually drop this sort of news now?

This sums up my thoughts quite nicely!

Hope the Windows 10 part of the system follows fairly quickly.

Soldato
I just want Fable. And remasters of the old games on PC. Started Fable 2 again recently on Xbox One S. I'd kill for an enhanced version on PC instead :D

Soldato
Some interesting info on the Gears 5 Series X port earlier:

wGgCzcC_d.webp

PC max settings plus a bunch of new visual features that weren't in the PC release. Game runs at 4K 60fps. For reference, a RTX Titan gets 60-65fps at 4K max settings in this game. So it seems that in Gears 5, at least, the Series X is more powerful than anything else on the market today (bar SLi rigs).

This console is an absolute beast.

Caporegime
OP
Game runs at 4K 60fps. For reference, a RTX Titan gets 60-65fps at 4K max settings in this game. So it seems that in Gears 5, at least, the Series X is more powerful than anything else on the market today (bar SLi rigs).

This console is an absolute beast.

It was very interesting watching that Unreal/Coalition stream last night. 60fps really does not come lightly and we can't accuse devs of being lazy by "not optimizing" for 60fps, I think. I was like "take my money" after watching!

Soldato
It was very interesting watching that Unreal/Coalition stream last night. 60fps really does not come lightly and we can't accuse devs of being lazy by "not optimizing" for 60fps, I think. I was like "take my money" after watching!

I didn't watch it, and I'm just catching up on the news now. But being able to equal what a Titan can pull off, with enough headroom to turn on a bunch of extra features, is quite incredible.

Caporegime
OP
4K 60fps sounds good, but you don’t know how much they’re dropping settings to achieve it.

That's the whole point - they've exceeded the PC version at Ultra settings!

And they didn't seem to be even using any of the new techniques on the XSX like VRS, SFS, etc. so they could probably do even more on Gears 6.

Soldato
This console is really shaping up to be something special. 4K60 with maxxed out settings on the first party titles! Then there are all the enhancements that can be applied to the back catalogue.

I'm starting to feel like I might be pre-ordering this... :eek:

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to Thursday. Big difference for me vs PS5 is I know I'll be playing Microsoft's new games whether I buy a next gen console or not, via PC and xCloud. That's allowing me to get much more excited for this than I did for the PS5 event.

Back
Top Bottom