1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX to PC Controller converter

Discussion in 'PCCG Archive' started by Spinal2k2, 25 Sep 2003.

1. Spinal2k2

Wise Guy

Ives seen the PS2 to PC Converters on play.com, but dosent wanyone know if a converter exists that lets you use an xbox controler on a PC

2. Caustic

Mobster

Yup, you can either buy one or make your own. Its not hard at all, and the result is amazing. Its a great controller and it works rather well on the PC. It has a few other advantages as well. Highly recommended.

CD

3. Spinal2k2

Wise Guy

how do you make your own, & whats the other advantages

4. Nismo

Capodecina

Its a simple case of wiring the Xbox pad to a standard USB connector, they use basically the same wires :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then its a case of finding some Drivers for it. Ive got some that work pretty well, all the buttons function and you have FF too, but there quite old so I dont know if there is a newer set out.

Last edited: 26 Sep 2003
  5. Frost

Wise Guy

ohh this is interesting :)

ive got a usb 2.0 printer cable not being used, wonder if that will work ? :)

6. Caustic

Mobster

You can use it to transfer files from a PC to your Xbox, such as save games etc.

May I suggest, if you don't want to risk damaging a controller, you consider buying some of the cheap cable extenders, and cut them in half. They are only 3 for £5 and means you can still use the pad on an Xbox.

CD

7. Phil_D_UK

Hitman

I have a convertor with an Xbox & PS2 socket & a switch to change between them

8. demonic

PermaBanned

Hmm.. interesting..

Reckon this would be good for getting a pad for Fifa 2004?