Soldato
Brilliant i'm glad you got these working how you want them to be. I'll look at picking a pair up now considering that others are starting to find settings that fit them too.

I know you can connect to the PC via with Wireless Adapter but can you connect to it via bluetooth like you would a phone? Just asking as it would be amazing to connect the headset to both Xbox and PC at the same time.

Man of Honour
OP
Brilliant i'm glad you got these working how you want them to be. I'll look at picking a pair up now considering that others are starting to find settings that fit them too.

I know you can connect to the PC via with Wireless Adapter but can you connect to it via bluetooth like you would a phone? Just asking as it would be amazing to connect the headset to both Xbox and PC at the same time.

Yes, you can have one Xbox wireless protocol and one Bluetooth connection to any device at the same time.

Associate
I've been playing with these a lot since release and I was really unhappy with the loose and overly loud bass and recessed mids. Now I have finally found the settings that make me very happy with the headset, even compared to my Sennheise PC360 and Sennheiser Game One headsets.

I thought I would make a new thread so the setting. can be easily cound rather than being lost in the Xbox mega thread.

• Dolby Atmos: Performance mode on, normal (flat) profile on every category.
  • Custom EQ: -3, -4, -1, +1, 0

Now the bass is punchy and tight without being overly loud, the mids are brought forward, and the decent high end is maintained. I love the form and features of this headset and now I am happy with the performance and they will be my primary gaming headset. No more wires for me, and being able to simultaneously listen to Youtube on my phone and have game sound at the same time without Bluetooth latency through the same headset is such a great feature that I didn't know I needed.

For the £78 I paid for these I could not be happier after an initially horrible first experience pre-tweaking.

Got mine the other day. I will be trying out these setting for sure. Thanks for this :)

Soldato

Wow, now that's a 180 for sure! Great to hear you're liking the headset now. I hope more people will also put some effort into playing with the EQ. I'll give your's a whirl too and see how I like it.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the headset from turning on the Xbox?

edit: I’m using a guy on Reddit's EQ settings ... he claims to be an audio engineer, and to my ears they're my favourite so far and not far off where I settled with mine.

Flat Dolby + https://imgur.com/amFyhVG

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Wow, now that's a 180 for sure! Great to hear you're liking the headset now. I hope more people will also put some effort into playing with the EQ. I'll give your's a whirl too and see how I like it.

edit: I’m using a guy on Reddit's EQ settings ... he claims to be an audio engineer, and to my ears they're my favourite so far and not far off where I settled with mine.

I’m happy to change my mind when the situation changes, something that many people seem to find surprising but to me it’s just logical.

Soldato
Would these settings only work with Dolby Atmos, what if a game doesn't support it would you need two sets of settings?

Sorry I don't have the headset yet just thinking ahead

Soldato
I've been playing with these a lot since release and I was really unhappy with the loose and overly loud bass and recessed mids. Now I have finally found the settings that make me very happy with the headset, even compared to my Sennheise PC360 and Sennheiser Game One headsets.

I thought I would make a new thread so the setting. can be easily cound rather than being lost in the Xbox mega thread.

• Dolby Atmos: Performance mode on, normal (flat) profile on every category.
  • Custom EQ: -3, -4, -1, +1, 0 (-6, -8, -2, +2, 0 in half steps)

Now the bass is punchy and tight without being overly loud, the mids are brought forward, and the decent high end is maintained. I love the form and features of this headset and now I am happy with the performance and they will be my primary gaming headset. No more wires for me, and being able to simultaneously listen to Youtube on my phone and have game sound at the same time without Bluetooth latency through the same headset is such a great feature that I didn't know I needed.

For the £78 I paid for these I could not be happier after an initially horrible first experience pre-tweaking.

Thanks for posting this up. My headset is due to arrive over the next few days so I'm keen to give these settings a go! It seems that to get the best out of these headphones, you need Dolby Atmos as well. I'm glad I've already got that sorted :)

Man of Honour
OP
Would these settings only work with Dolby Atmos, what if a game doesn't support it would you need two sets of settings?

Sorry I don't have the headset yet just thinking ahead

I have only tried it with Dolby Atmos in performance mode. I don’t know how the sound differs without Atmos.

All games go through Atmos even if they don’t benefit from it and the headset comes with 6 months of Atmos.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for posting this up. My headset is due to arrive over the next few days so I'm keen to give these settings a go! It seems that to get the best out of these headphones, you need Dolby Atmos as well. I'm glad I've already got that sorted :)

The headset comes with Atmos for 6 months.

Soldato
I’m happy to change my mind when the situation changes, something that many people seem to find surprising but to me it’s just logical.

Oh I didn’t find the fact that you can change your mind surprising, thats the only sane reaction to proof / changed situation.

(i work with a young earth creationist, you can tell how the above scenario applies )

Man of Honour
OP

I tried these settings and it just made the high notes harsh. I definitely disagree with raising the 8khz region.

Caporegime
Thanks for this thread, I'm waiting for some to come back in stock and the terrible bass reviews had put me off. I only need them for when my son is using the wired set and I want to play so these look a decent low budget option for occasional use.

Soldato
Forgive the dumb question, but when we say flat Dolby do we mean setting all of the values in the Dolby App to zero? Or leaving the custom profile at the default as its set?

Associate

• Dolby Atmos: Custom flat profile with surround virtualization on
  • Custom EQ: -3, -4, -1, +1, 0 (or -6, -8, -2, +2, 0 in half steps)

These settings sound good to my ears. Thank you

Had a few hours playing, not bad at all for the price range.

Back
Top Bottom