Caporegime
Thanks, got my headphones today. Will start with your settings and see how I go :)

So how do you know whether the headset is using the settings in the xbox accessories app or the ones on the dolby app?

Where do you turn them off once they have been turned on? Do you have to turn the console off?

Final stupid question, the settings you quoted @Kreeeee are they entered in the xbox accessories app or the dolby app?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Thanks, got my headphones today. Will start with your settings and see how I go :)

So how do you know whether the headset is using the settings in the xbox accessories app or the ones on the dolby app?

Where do you turn them off once they have been turned on? Do you have to turn the console off?

Final stupid question, the settings you quoted @Kreeeee are they entered in the xbox accessories app or the dolby app?

Set Dolby to a flat sound profile and use the headset app to configure the settings.

Press the power button for half a second to turn them off.

Soldato
Mine have arrived but cant open them for two weeks because they are a Birthday present :(

I was wondering about the above too, when you say "Flat" just drop everything in the Dolby app to "0" ?

I was going on the assumption you would have to set the settings in the Dolby APP and the Accessories app because if a game supports Dolby it would use those settings and if it doesn't it would use the others

Caporegime
Set Dolby to a flat sound profile and use the headset app to configure the settings.

Press the power button for half a second to turn them off.

Yeah I'm a tad confused where it gets the settings for sound from then, as I would have thought if you set the flat profile it would take the Dolby app settings rather than Xbox App? Is this what you mean by a flat profile?

https://imgur.com/a/PyHttKn

When I tried it yesterday I didn't have the flat profile enabled but had the settings as per the Xbox app and I found it still way to high on bass :( Might have to return them if I can't get that to a manageable level.

Edit: Right trying Gears again with the settings you stated and it's much much better. I'm still confused where the sound profile comes from though and why you even need the dolby settings if you set it up in xbox accessories app.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It uses both profiles. What you want is for Dolby to do the the surround sound manipulation and nothing else, this sound then goes to the headset app for the EQ profile to be applied.

If you only did it in Dolby then the games that don’t support it won’t have the EQ applied.

Caporegime
It uses both profiles. .

Thanks for the explanation and the thread, I'd have sent them back based on the out the box settings, they are horrific. It's also made Gears footsteps and sound location 10x better. So the Atmos has to be paid for with each set of headphones? So my sons Arctis wired set won't use the app without another payment?

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the explanation and the thread, I'd have sent them back based on the out the box settings, they are horrific. It's also made Gears footsteps and sound location 10x better. So the Atmos has to be paid for with each set of headphones? So my sons Arctis wired set won't use the app without another payment?

Atmos is tied to your account and works on all devices. I’m not sure how the bundled copy with the headset works though as I already had the licence.

Soldato
Yeah I'm a tad confused where it gets the settings for sound from then, as I would have thought if you set the flat profile it would take the Dolby app settings rather than Xbox App? Is this what you mean by a flat profile?

https://imgur.com/a/PyHttKn

When I tried it yesterday I didn't have the flat profile enabled but had the settings as per the Xbox app and I found it still way to high on bass :( Might have to return them if I can't get that to a manageable level.

Edit: Right trying Gears again with the settings you stated and it's much much better. I'm still confused where the sound profile comes from though and why you even need the dolby settings if you set it up in xbox accessories app.

The Dolby app sorts out the surround sound part for the headset, and I believe it can alter the surround settings based on the profile you set through the app, which works on top of the headsets own settings. Flat in Dolby just means Dolby isn't applying any further processing to the audio aside from the surround effects.

Soldato
I just tried his arctis set and it won't let me set them up. So I think that 6 months is tied to that headset. I will buy a licence.

Thanks @CHokKA

You're welcome. Don't forget that if you buy Dolby Access, it's available to download and use with headsets on your PC as well. You just download the app from the Windows app store.

Soldato
Just got these and using the settings on the OP's post they are pretty good!

Going to have to loosen them up a bit and just bought some Arctis 5 replacement pads to replace the faux leather ones. They just get to hot and don't feel that comfy apparently these fix them.

Soldato
Which Artis replacements ear pads did you guys go for? There seems to be a slew of different types; currently looking at:
Geekria QuickFit Mesh Fabric Replacement Ear Pads for SteelSeries Arctis 3 Arctis 5 Arctis 7 Arctis 9X Arctis PRO Headphones Earpads
Which seem to be highly rated.

Soldato
Soldato
How easy is it to remove the old and fit these to the Xbox wireless headset please?

I'm not a huge fan of the standard rubbery stuff

Stupidly easy! :)

Did these come from Amazon US or are they just out of stock in the UK? They are currently £18.

Out of stock I think and came from the UK - paid £13.97 for them and the headset is much better for it. Ears don't get stupidly hot now and they are much more comfortable.

Associate
Stupidly easy! :)

Out of stock I think and came from the UK - paid £13.97 for them and the headset is much better for it. Ears don't get stupidly hot now and they are much more comfortable.
Ah ok, I may wait a little while then to see if they restock them in the uk. Thanks for letting me know.

Back
Top Bottom