XBOX360 Broken: So much for consoles

Permabanned
Matblack said:
I've had it two weeks, its going back to Gamestation today! I'm not having it that it goes back to MS this is a sale of goods act issue not a send away for repair issue! There is no way I am leaving without a refund or a new console.

MB

Hopefully you won't get arrested or go through the grief I went through.
I strongly recommend that you take a print of the FAQ from the DTI with you.
If the manager gets silly get on the phone to head office straight away.

Soldato
Not exactly the end of the world is it, though you wouldnt know that judging by the thread title.

Just take it back and get it swapped, I dont see what the issue is?

Soldato
Matblack said:
Look at the pic, its very well aired.

As I said before I'm not messing with external fans, this thing has its own fans and they should be fine to cool it

MB

Sorry fella didnt even notice the power brick in the top picture, my bad

Caporegime
Andelusion said:
It shouldn't break :p

Logically nothing should really break. But for the price of the console you would think it would last a lot longer than 2 weeks.
Personally i think MS need to look at this over heating issue a bit more indepth and do something about it. Either replace these units with cooler, better ventilated consoles or perhaps look at the the whole design of the console.

Permabanned
Everyone over reacts a lot to this. in truth i reckon over 60% of the consoles sold from december on work fine. Thats not awful. And when they do break people get a replacement. When the console does work its great.

Cant see the prob tbh, sure id be annoyed if mine died on me but i mean hell id just get the replacment and carry on as normal. Im a PC repair technician and i know that LOTS of things break, specially this sort of hardware. But at least its not gonna cost you anything.

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Logically nothing should really break. But for the price of the console you would think it would last a lot longer than 2 weeks.
Personally i think MS need to look at this over heating issue a bit more indepth and do something about it. Either replace these units with cooler, better ventilated consoles or perhaps look at the the whole design of the console.

This is very true, I think in the rush to be first to market they have allowed a dodgy batch of components through or missed something with a production batch, possibly industrial espionage paid for by Sony - who knows.

Probably lots of you laughing away at the thought of Sony paying people to screw up the production process right now......

Then again where were these items built. How much were the workers paid and how much would it take in bribes to get a few workers to not quite fit things properly.....

Industrial espionage is still a very real modern day issue even if no-one is throwing clogs into machinery anymore.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't be fussed if mine was one in a 1000 but its not, this is a regular thing.

Jesus with some people its like you've slept with their mothers if you dis the 360!

Newsflash: I love it when it works, its broken, when things break that aren't supposed to people get annoyed, especially when these are things they like and want to use, so I feel I have a right to be annoyed and to start a thread saying that my 360 is broken and what peoples opinions are.

Anyway I have a replacement here and they copied the games on to a mem card in store so I haven't lost my 75 hours of Oblivion which is good. Hopefully this one will last a bit longer!

MB

Permabanned
Matblack said:
Hopefully this one will last a bit longer!
MB

As the nun said to her Duracell.

Glad you got it all sorted, did you have to bring out the sale of goods act or were they straightforward about it all. The save game to mem card thing was very good of them, I bought a mem card for such eventualities in the end.

Soldato
Matblack said:
and to start a thread saying that my 360 is broken and what peoples opinions are.

So don't get jumpy when peoples opinions are that you are overreacting ;)

Glad you got it sorted, hope this one lasts you :)

Associate
Matblack said:
This one is quieter (fans and DVD drive) and cooler and may even be slightly better for darkness through the component, must have got a Friday afternoon job first time around

MB

Have they sorted out the component connection on the later models then?? I can put up with the other niggles but the dark component really gets me :(

Caporegime
Ultra_Extreme said:
Everyone over reacts a lot to this. in truth i reckon over 60% of the consoles sold from december on work fine. Thats not awful. And when they do break people get a replacement. When the console does work its great.

Cant see the prob tbh, sure id be annoyed if mine died on me but i mean hell id just get the replacment and carry on as normal. Im a PC repair technician and i know that LOTS of things break, specially this sort of hardware. But at least its not gonna cost you anything.

60% if only that many are good then it's a turkey that should never have been ready for sale. 60% is no way acceptable for any item.

People say it hasnt cost him anything, well thats wrong. Its cost him time and likely petrol, its also the frustration. And it may not have cost him anything this time but once its past a year it will cost him.

I love my 360 and love the games but they are obviously fragile. I reckon that the reviewer site that is hosted for all the overclocker 360 owners and gamerscores should have an extra box with a tick for all those people who have had replacements.

Associate
im on my second 360 now, my first one had small artifacts only in PGR3 then they got worse and ended up much like OP has in all games and demos,, mine went down in winter and was always very cool as it was not far from an open window at all times when it was being used :confused: must admit Microsoft were very good and I got a replacement within 10 days.. ive heard that at the moment returning a console will take quite a while as people have heard the later models are better and seem to be ''Inventing'' probs in the hope they will get theirs exchanged for a new model, so microsoft has been inundated with returns,lol, dont know how true this is but I could quite believe it.

Back
Top Bottom