Xboxone Games like 'Deliver us the moon'?

Soldato
Little fella just completed this game and loved it from start to finish. Can anyone recommend games similar to this, suitable for a 12 year old?

He's bought and downloaded 'Observation' which he liked too, any others in this genre that people would recommend?

Thanks.:)

Associate
Haven't played Observation yet myself, but enjoyed Deliver us the Moon. Similar one that springs to mind is Tacoma, can't remember if there is anything that makes it particularly unsuitable for a 12 year old but obviously check.

Soldato
Astroneer? It's all about activating gateways between the planets, which is done by constructing bases on them and mining their resources. Each one is increasingly difficult, but there's loads to do and make.

Soldato
Does he like space games in general?

Otherwise perhaps Call of the Sea, which is relaxing and has lots of puzzles, I think thats ok for a 12yo or maybe Jedi Fallen Order, playing that currently which is good.

I can also highly recommend Brothers: A tale of Two Sons.

All on gamepass. (I think the latter is still on there)

Soldato
OP
Thanks folks, will check those suggestions all out. Tacoma looks good , for those who have played it though, I read in a few reviews that a there’s a lesbian couple as characters in it. Now I don’t have a problem with that but is the way this is covered appropriate for an 11/12 year old?

Ta.

Soldato
Thanks folks, will check those suggestions all out. Tacoma looks good , for those who have played it though, I read in a few reviews that a there’s a lesbian couple as characters in it. Now I don’t have a problem with that but is the way this is covered appropriate for an 11/12 year old?

Ta.

Haven't played the game, but the age rating is 13+, so there isn't likely to be anything too strong in it. Worth taking a read of this:

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/tacoma

"Parents need to know that Tacoma is a downloadable first-person narrative adventure game set on an abandoned space station. Aside from an accidental explosion that injures two people, there's no violence. Players spend their time examining the station for clues to piece together what happened to its crew. During their exploration, players will encounter an instance of partial nudity -- a classical-style painting that depicts a naked breast -- and hear recordings of crew members who aren't averse to using strong language, including "f--k." There are also sealed and empty bags of wine around the station that can be picked up and examined. The crew -- a diverse cast made up of varying religions, nationalities, genders, skin tones, and sexual orientations -- behave nobly and with good intentions, often helping and soothing each other in the face of disaster."

Back
Top Bottom