• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX customer support less than helpful

Associate
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice or have had a similar issue with XFX support?

I registered the product (HD 7950 3GB DD Black edition) with XFX on the day I received the item as instructed by the included leaflet with information about hardware warranty.

The graphics card was working for around 2 weeks or so, then without any previous crashes my system power turned off and failed to boot. (no crash screen, no memory dump, no error codes etc.)

After ruling out all other possible causes for the problem I concluded (along with the agreement of XFX staff) that the issue was with the HD 7950, most likely due to a manufacturers fault.

Due to the item being a gift I am unable to send it back to the retailer due to lack of invoice, however having registered the product prier to this fault (along with it occurring so early on in its life expectancy) I thought it would be a simple case of sending the product back to XFX to get a replacement or for it to be repaired, with a small cost for postage on my end.

I was initially offered a 'discount' on a replacement card (no information about prices etc.), while not being ideal I thought I’d wait to see what sort of discount would be offered. Now, just so you can get an idea on time frames this offer was first mentioned the day of my initial ticket, it took over 20 days for me to find out details on what the offer was. (50% retail price + postage and returning the defective card to them)

During this time my ticket had been closed twice (and was lied to by the support staff when I asked about the ticket being closed), my request to talk to a manager or supervisor about the issue was originally ignored, then refused and now they seem to only be replying to my tickets at the end of each day, which has now dragged the process on for over a month.

The offer of the part exchange has also been taken away ("We will withdraw the discount offer for now, as costs can change over time") and I it also appears they are no longer replying to my tickets.

I'm not entirely sure on what to do next, any advice is welcomed.

Kind Regards,

Nebs.

Soldato
Your not the first person to have problems with XFX and you won't be the last. Get this thread moved to the graphics card forum and others will share their horror stories about XFX's customer service. We really should start a campaign to boycott companies like XFX the only way they will ever change their ways is if they get hit in the pocket and start listening to the consumer.

You should go try the retailer first though I'm sure you friend can dig out the receipt if required but just remember it's the video card that carries the warranty not the you.

Associate
OP
Hi, thank you all for the replies - I'm afraid due to family reason (which I'd rather not discuss) I am unable to get the original invoice - and probably never will.

When I mentioned about investigating the matter further (with the online community) I was told they would be removing the original offer, this was before they even gave me details on the offer.

I have actually received a reply from their technician today, which contained no helpful information along with spelling mistakes/typos.
I would post the conversation I have had with them, but don't know if that would effect the outcome, however I'm starting to give up on the whole thing.

Shame to hear others have had a similar experience with the company, I certainly will be boycotting XFX products in the future, and would encourage others to do the same, and I've foolishly recommended XFX products to friends in the past :(

//Nebs

Associate
OP
If worse comes to worse try asking AMD if they can put any pressure on XFX

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I'm sure one of these will work

thank you - Doing so now :)
Did the person buying the card buy the card elsewhere? I'm sure OcUK would have dealt with this for you.

Sucks to hear it though. Hope you get it sorted. :(

Hey, as far as I'm aware it was not purchased through OCUK (have no way of checking), I don't think OCUK stock this particular card? Hence why I thought it would be best to make this thread in general discussion :)

Last edited:
Soldato
thank you - Doing so now :)

I should point out he is the CEO of AMD. Pint out that XFX is and AMD partner and how bad XFX are treating you as I'm sure he won't be happy to know that the AMD/Radeon brand name is being dragged through the mud by a close partner. Being a businessman he will also be aware that although you are just one person you are likely to share your story with others because you are very unhappy and should be able to put some pressure on XFX to comply with the law.

I've also asked for this thread to be moved the graphics card forum. Maybe someone with experience dealing with XFX can help you.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I should point out he is the CEO of AMD. Pint out that XFX is and AMD partner and how bad XFX are treating you as I'm sure he won't be happy to know that the AMD/Radeon brand name is being dragged through the mud by a close partner. Being a businessman he will also be aware that although you are just one person you are likely to share your story with others because you are very unhappy and should be able to put some pressure on XFX to comply with the law.

I've also asked for this thread to be moved the graphics card forum. Maybe someone with experience dealing with XFX can help you.

Thank you very much, I had already sent the email before reading this - However I had covered the points you mentioned above ;)

Thank you once again,

Nebs

Soldato
Poor cs from xfx, shocker :rolleyes:

It's registered and has a 2 year warranty, the 7950 is barely a year old, they should be issuing you with an rma number for repair or replace not offering you a minor discount on a new card.

Associate
The thing is i don't know how old the 7950 model is but if XFX warrenty is 2 years and its been out less than that you shouldn't need a receipt, i know with my xbox and Gigabyte card you just input the serial number to find out when it was manufactured.
XFX suck badly!

Associate
OP
Poor cs from xfx, shocker :rolleyes:

It's registered and has a 2 year warranty, the 7950 is barely a year old, they should be issuing you with an rma number for repair or replace not offering you a minor discount on a new card.

well, all this is refreshing to hear - I was actually beginning to think that I was some how in the wrong here...

As far as proceeding with talking to XFX staff I don't know what else I can say - it has turned into me asking the same questions in a different form in the vague hope to get an answer out of them. There reply is 'NO' - just in a different form :p

I shall wait to hear a response from AMD's ceo for now I guess, thanks all for the help :) (and to think I actually held off from asking for advice here, just in case it did somehow effect the RMA :> )

The thing is i don't know how old the 7950 model is but if XFX warrenty is 2 years and its been out less than that you shouldn't need a receipt, i know with my xbox and Gigabyte card you just input the serial number to find out when it was manufactured.
XFX suck badly!

As far as I know its been less than two years since release, as I said in my first post I even registered the products serial number before the fault occurred. 'XFX sucks balls' indeed :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to let you know that I have already had a reply from Rory, he has passed it on to his 'chief of staff' :)

I shall let you know how this goes.

Damn that was quick he must get 100's of emails a day. He's already shamed xfx's custer service with the speed of his response! If i have a compliant I'm a fan of writting to the managing director. My dad used to manage a large pub back in the 80's and be said if a cjstomer wrote a letter of complaint to head of company he knew it was going to be a bad day.

Caporegime
XFX strikes again. Whist it is a shame you can't get the reciept, XFX would know for sure that the card would still be in warranty (as PGI points out).

The "Forum Lawyers" as we were once called are not surprised to hear this kind of story regarding XFX and this is a reason I tell everyone who mentions buying an XFX card "Avoid because of warranty issues".

Good luck and hopefully they will see sense and replace.

Back
Top Bottom