1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XFX hd 4890 SQUEAL

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by uphillcastle, 29 Sep 2009.

1. uphillcastle

Gangster

well i changed my psu to a corsair hx 1000 and the squealing has noticeably dropped...however there is STILL some squealing coming from my case, which leads me to assume that it is something with the graphics card.

its either the gfx card or psu and i am now inclined to think the former (because the psu is brand new)

now i have read somewhere that there is a nail polish trick in applying to some parts on the card?

Does this work with an XFX hd 4890 and if it does where would i need to apply the polish?

I am working with a 3d program all day so it kind of irritates me alot

thanks

2. demonfatality

Gangster

id like to know how to stop this problem aswell ive 2 4890s in crosfire and they do squeal as you say....xfx overclock editions

3. _Gizka_

Wise Guy

I have the same problem with the card, and its a real pain using CAD software and gaming, would love to know of some kind of fix :)

4. b-star

Wise Guy

Hi,
    there's HUGE amout of new cards Hd4000 series and GTX200series that squel!
    nothin' really you can do about it

get used to it or replace card! :)

Last edited: 29 Sep 2009
  5. b-star

Wise Guy

delete

6. Musty Pie

Soldato

This. I had a massive problem with squeal with my gtx 280, after RMAing the PSU and gfx card multiple times i got a combination that worked. its luck of the draw

7. uphillcastle

Gangster

well i have fiddled around with my card until the point i think its actually died...oh dear,

the computer isnt evening posting now and i am scratching my head as to what it could be....probably best not to play around with graphics cards innards if you dont know what you are up to eh?

8. Musty Pie

Soldato

yes.

rma time, although you have probably voided your warranty now if you've opened it up and played around with it. What did you actually do?

9. uphillcastle

Gangster

dont ask....:(

10. davedudes

Wise Guy

Ive got a XFX 4890 and it squeals, got in contact with XFX they said it was fine and dont worry about it, and you know what? i believe them:)