Xi-Fi Problem - Can't boot up.

Soldato
Just bought a Xi-Fi Fatal1ty last week, just got round to installing in last night, I removed all the Audigy 2 ZS drivers through windows as well as using Driver Cleaner - but the PC wont boot up the LED's on my ram dont light up - all the fans go at full speed but thats about it. I reinstalled my Audigy 2 ZS & everything was fine again.

Anything I should try before doing an RMA? Worth resetting the bios I suppose, I have everything disabled within the bios I dont use.

Soldato
strange that it should not boot up just because of a b0rked sound card? What happens if you boot with the Audigy2 in. Then uninstall the drivers, and uninstall the card from device manager. Switch off the PC, remove the Audigy2 and then boot with no soundcard at all? Does it boot?

Then try shutting down, clearing the CMOS again and loading defaults. Pop the X-Fi in and try booting one last time?

Cheers!

Soldato
OP
Firegod said:
strange that it should not boot up just because of a b0rked sound card? What happens if you boot with the Audigy2 in. Then uninstall the drivers, and uninstall the card from device manager. Switch off the PC, remove the Audigy2 and then boot with no soundcard at all? Does it boot?

Then try shutting down, clearing the CMOS again and loading defaults. Pop the X-Fi in and try booting one last time?
Thanks, I tried that it does boot with the audigy in & without, I removed the drivers & reset the cmos, so it cant be something within the bios I also disabled the ac97 onboard sound just incase. I tried this again last night, but still no joy. The light on the Xi-Fi does light up but thats about it, the system wont boot at all no busy lights on the Ram LED's.

Soldato
OP
Firegod said:
Hmmm strange one mate. Is the BIOS up-to-date?

If not, I'm out of ideas. :(
Thanks for the input on this by the way, appreciate any ideas. Yes I'm using Bios 1009 the latest non-beta version. I think my best bet is to RMA & let OcUK test it, hopefully its duff & I aquire a replacement.

Soldato
OP
Aye you maybe right with the soundcard, not worth trying it on my pc at work its a 266mhz celeron! :confused: lol

Aye we havent had a regular 20+ goal striker since Mendonca really he's a legend here too!, which is a shame for us! :rolleyes: Although Michael Reddy scored 14 this season along with Gary Jones scoring 17 so far. . . Off to Cardiff tommorow! Division 2 play-off final! I'm already biting my nails with nerves! lol :rolleyes:

Associate
good luck!

We've only had andy hunt score lots for us since clive retired. Until Darren Bent that is.

Do try it in you old PC as long as it has the correct speed PCI slot. If it boots and is even half recognised by the PC then its not the cards fault that the PC isn't booting

Back
Top Bottom