Associate
So the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro should be launching next month with some solid specs

CPU: Snapdragon 865
Ram: upto 12GB
Camera: Quad 108MP
Speakers: Stereo
Charge: 66w
Battery: 4500

Not entirely sure about screen resolution and refresh rate but hopefully QHD 90hz.

It will definitely be cheaper than its competitors namely S20 and OP8 series.

Soldato
I'm waiting on a cheap Mi9 but I think I'll pass that off to family and get a Mi10. Proper flagship phones at prices way better than samsung etc.

The Samsung s11 (or s20 wtf)is gonna be awesome mind.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve used miui for a few years now and the only thing that really bothers me, still, is the auto-brightness being a bit dim (pardon the pun).
Mix 2S still going strong for me. I really think phones are getting to specs now, where I’ll be refreshing batteries after a couple years and not upgrading as long as possible.

Soldato
Long as this has the no notch, no hole punch display I'll be interested. Nothing wrong with the pop up camera on the Mi9t but I think it's easier now to put a hole punch in the display rather than a mechanical pop up camera selfie.
Have to see but I've had the Mi9t Pro since September and it's been nothing short of fantastic. Even the software I have no issues with (Poco F1 owned prior to the Mi9t Pro)

Associate
I have been a Samsung user for many years but the price is getting too much now. Really like the sound of the Mi 10 Pro.

Do these Xiaomi phones do what the Samsung does like tethering and on the Galaxy S10+ you have Bixby routines which i use to auto switch on tethering when getting in the car etc.

Is there any major software differences to be aware of?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Not sure about the tethering but in terms of software, it's miui. You might want to check how the software is by searching miui 11 on YouTube.

Caporegime
I’ve used miui for a few years now and the only thing that really bothers me, still, is the auto-brightness being a bit dim (pardon the pun).
Mix 2S still going strong for me. I really think phones are getting to specs now, where I’ll be refreshing batteries after a couple years and not upgrading as long as possible.

Same phone for me, first phone I have had for 2 years, EVER.

And being a S845 it is still at the top end of speed.

If I was to upgrade today, it would be to a Mi 9T Pro, and those will come down in price hopefully when the Mi 10s are released.

Soldato
Just go through the checkout, on the confirmation screen it should show any additional import fees if it is directly from Amazon US.

Associate
Apologies, I made a rambling post and edited it poorly.

Long boring story short... Amazon UK have mi 10 note for £508 labeled 'UK version'. I saw it on Amazon US for £360 after currency conversion and got prematurely excited. Only to shortly after see it on Amazon UK for £389.

Only diff between £389 and £508 versions is the latter is 'UK version', I guess maybe the former is a global version, both 6 x 128, both Mi 10 note.

Associate
The rumoured pricing for the Mi 10 series isn't as bad as first feared. Not too fussed if the screen isn't QHD as most people can't tell the difference with FHD and will save on battery life. The curved screen is a contentious issue though.

Back
Top Bottom